CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: Project Screenshot(s)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Doomfest
Regular
Completed: Memo, Juniper's Knot
Projects: Cradle Song, Dysfunctional Systems
Organization: dischan, Medical Whiskey

CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: Project Screenshot(s)

#1 Post by Doomfest »

This thread will be for submissions ONLY. for the discussion thread, go to http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=4289 . Rules and information is also placed there, but i'll repeat it here:

Rules:
Maximum number of screenshots is 2.

Both screenshots must of the same project.

No doctoring! Auto levels, Brightness/contrast, scaling, lens flare, etc. is not allowed! If you must place information about the project with the screenshot, include it in the post!

The entries must be posted with the following information: Engine used, Project name, Project Link(s) (If available), & Part(s) of it that is/are original content, as well as data about parts that aren't original content(and sufficient credit to the original creator of said content.)

Entries may be edited (you may swap screenshots), but any swaps entered after November 29, 2008, 11:59:59 PM EST will not be considered!

Judges:
Doomfest
Pytom
Blue123

Submission Template:

Project Name: PyTom-ko ~a tale of gaijin~
Link: http://www.pytom-ko-rabu-rabu.luv
Content: Sprites by me, backgrounds acquired through http://www.freevnresourcesforraburabupytom-ko.luv
Engine: Bamreal Engine 3
Comments: The button at the bottom took me forever!

Remember, the deadline is November 30, 2008! Go!
What are you waiting for? Get to work!
Last edited by Doomfest on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aenakume
Regular
Projects: Arts... i hate arts -_-

Re: CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: Project Screenshot(s)

#2 Post by Aenakume »

squee! ^______________^

ξpic. i win.

------------------

OH SHI- i forgot to add project details.

Project Name: Walkabout Engine
Link: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=8&t=4167
Content: i made everything. Even the engine, the window decorations, the wallpaper, and the operating system depicted in the background... even if only in spirit.
Engine: Ren'Py 6.8.0
Comments: You have now tasted epic, and it tastes like Anna.

--------------------------------

FYI - as awesome as these graphics look, they're no joke - this is really a legitimate screenshot from a legitimate work-in-progress.* ^_^

So just let me know when you finally decide i'm the winnar.

* It just so happens that this work-in-progress is more about demonstrating a new engine rather than showing off flashy graphics. ^_^
“You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you cannot make him think.”

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#3 Post by Alessio »

Project Name: Cyberlin
Link: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=1701
Content: Sprites drawn/colored by me, in-game backgrounds made with Google SketchUp, menu backgrounds by Rodolfo Clix on stock.xchng
Comments: The menu background is animated (slowly changing colours and pictures). The text box has a comic-balloon shape including arrow pointing at the character who is speaking. Sprites are not yet animated (blinking). And no, it's not finished yet.
Current projects: Visual Novel "Cyberlin"

barafubuki

#4 Post by barafubuki »

I just started my first project 3 days ago!! LOL

Project Name: QUAFFといっしょにアメリカへ行こう!
Link: N/A
Content: Artwork done in Corel Painter Essentials 2 then edited in Photoshop CS3. Music and sounds not yet implemented. No fancy animations as of yet except for the blinking "click to continue" cursor.
Comments: Status - Incomplete

There's a certain band that I'm in love with, and I wanted to do something special for them and their Japanese fans. Inspired by the 光GENJI game that was created in 1989 for the Nintendo Famicon, I sought out to make a Visual Novel that documents their first American tour that I was privileged enough to travel with them on. The object of the game is to give the Japanese fans who could not make it to the American concerts the feeling of what it would be like if they had come to see the American tour. The user is given $1000 to try to make it to all eight shows before returning back to Japan. You'll be able to interact with people, practice you're English, buy band merchandise, and make American friends. All the characters are based off of real people and real-life experiences. (I'm trying to document as close as possible to how the actual tour went.) Speaking incorrectly or in hard to understand English can get you in trouble in certain parts of the game. (LOL) The fans who will play it in Japan are really going to hate me for this.

(Does anyone actually know who 光GENJI are or what a Famicon is? LOL)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#5 Post by jack_norton »

These are screenshots from one of my upcoming games, Spirited Heart:
screenshot0001.jpg
starting class
starting class
Project Name: Spirited Heart
Link: N/A
Content: Art done by two different artist, one for the characters and another for the backgrounds. Will feature many custom menus, and hopefully a sort of turn based combat system (one vs one). Royalty free soundtrack :)
Comments: Status - Work in progress, estimate release Q1 2009

The character sheet screenshots has still the first 3 stats (health, wealth, morale) to be displayed with an icon, will replace it once I have added that!
I'm working on 3 more games at the moment, 2 of them involving 2 members of this forum ;) one of them would have very interesting WIP screens especially for males but I want still to keep it secret for a while! heheh
Last edited by jack_norton on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Spiky Caterpillar
Veteran
Completed: Lots.
Projects: Black Closet
Organization: Slipshod

#6 Post by Spiky Caterpillar »

Have a couple of screenshots from my RPG-in-progress.
(edit)
Oh yes, I suppose I should pay attention to the rules before posting. The engine used is Ren'Py, the game's called Science Girls!, the art is a mixture of original and purchased stock art (conversation-mode is mostly stock, battle-mode is mostly original), and my project URL is
http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/ (and commits the unforgiveable sin of saying 'coming soon', but we do mean it, right?)
science_girls_screenshot_2.jpg
science_girls_screenshot_1.jpg
Nom nom nom nom nom LEAVES.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

(Does anyone actually know who 光GENJI are or what a Famicon is? LOL)
The famicon/famicom is short for Family Computer. It's the Japanese equivalent of the NES. It's a lot smaller and came in gray/white or red/white. The cartridges were also only half the size of a nes cartridge. It was the system of choice for gamers here in the Philippines until the superfamicom (snes) and eventually, the playstation hit the market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_E ... ent_System
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#8 Post by AlphaProspector »

T.C.G. Main Menu
T.C.G. Main Menu
T.C.G. T.D.L.
T.C.G. T.D.L.
Project Name: The Circular Gate

Link: T.C.G. Minisite

Content: All the artworks, interface, icons, story, some sound effects, some bgm tunes and surreal oddities by me (AlphaProspector/Circle: Primum Mobile). Additionally, epic bgm by Nicol Armarfi. Other, minor sound effects and eerie drones taken from a freebie site.

Comments: Initially, I wrote this in spanish but half away the writing I found about VNs, spotted True Remembrance, marvelled myself with Planetarian and decided to switch to english. Ideally, I would still re-release it in spanish if able. I'm also a STG nut but since I still sorely lack enough coding knowledge to master C++ and make my own, this is as close as I can get to the epic STG ambience and overall weirdness. T.C.G. is also a way to see if I can recapture that great feeling stuff like Myst (Riven too) or Lucas Arts (Loom, The Dig, Full Throttle and such, but especially Loom) had, but without featuring any human characters and try to be strange most of the time. An odd, absorbing journey. The game is almost finished: it's going through the script editing, some minor artwork tweaking and the bgm plus some additional effects. To promote Nicol's work and T.C.G. itself, I'm gonna work on a possible OP video. (it's also a test to see if I can really make an opening)
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

kuroi
Regular

#9 Post by kuroi »

The title screen for Risky Trip
The title screen for Risky Trip
April and August doing what they do best!  Well... they might be better at something else but I can't post a screenshot of that in the all ages secton.  :P
April and August doing what they do best! Well... they might be better at something else but I can't post a screenshot of that in the all ages secton. :P
Project Name: Risky Trip
Link: http://risky.kuroigames.com/ (18 years or older only please)
Content: All content created exclusively by the kuroi games team!
Engine: Ren'Py 6.8.1 (or whatever is the most current stable version at release time.)
Comments: Kuroi Games is proud to use this contest as the very first place we officially announce our newest project, Risky Trip! Check out the website listed above for more info

*edited at 1:07am November 26th* Thanks to PyTom for letting me know I was doing it wrong. :)
Last edited by kuroi on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
President, Planner, and Programmer for Kuroi Games!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

I'm going to put my judge hat on and claim the Risky Trip ones don't count. We want in-game screenshots, made with the engine that show how you customized the text and menus... not just things made in photoshop.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#11 Post by Aashtarsrain »

Project name : Euphor Studio

Engine : Ren'Py (recent versions)

Story : Euphor Studio is responsible for one of the buggiest games of the year, and has lost money and credibility.The Boss has fired everybody and is leaving for a remote island in the Pacific. But, because you've just saved his daughter, and because there's nobody else, he says you're in charge now ! Hire directors, programmers and artists, define the gameplay, use the money wisely, fight, and keep the crew motivated ! Lots of surprises, action-packed with romance and maybe some thrills too ! :lol: And yes, this is a tribute (though very different) to the late Dreamcast's odd masterpiece : SEGAGAGA !

Comments : actual in-game scene. The katana is the mouse, the "enter" sign is blinking and the crazy director's level indicator reflects his motivation and of course is reacting to the player's choices ! The second picture shows the contextual dialogue system.

Content : well, Poser and Vue, I invented, directed and edited the whole scene with props from DAZ Studio and Content Paradise, worked on the textures and the lights, and created the windows, signs and the relevant scripts.
Last edited by Aashtarsrain on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#12 Post by dizzcity »

Hmmm... well, I'm not sure if this entry will qualify, but thought I'd post it just for sharing purposes, if nothing else. Note that currently all character sprites are placeholders. These are back-to-back screenshots showing normal mode, and a CG-equivalent screen.
Normal NVL-mode text, with character sprite and backgrounds.
Normal NVL-mode text, with character sprite and backgrounds.
Equivalent of CG (placeholder sprite)
Equivalent of CG (placeholder sprite)
Project Name: Wedding Vows

Link: http://dizzcity.com/wedding-vows/

Content: Writing/scripting and layout entirely by me, music by Mihel (an arrangement of Pachelbel's "Canon in D"), page background done by a friend, pictures from stock.xchng and Kaikei Sozai Mise and then edited in GIMP. (Placeholder CG character done by Vatina for another project)

Engine: Ren'Py 6.6.3 (will port to latest version once I finish graphics work)

Comments: Target release date is Valentine's Day, 2009. All character art and CGs are placeholders until I can find a character artist. If I can't, I'll release it without them.

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

Doomfest
Regular
Completed: Memo, Juniper's Knot
Projects: Cradle Song, Dysfunctional Systems
Organization: dischan, Medical Whiskey

#13 Post by Doomfest »

I'm not going to disqualify for lack of UI customization, but it's going to be a tremendous weight in the final judgment.
Dysfunctional Systems
Juniper's Knot
Cradle Song, a visual novel in development
Memo, a visual novel

[02:49] <Komi> How is Dysfunctional Systems coming along?
[02:52] <Doomfest> have you seen prince of egypt
[02:53] <Doomfest> do you remember that scene with the storm of bugs
[02:54] <Komi> I know what you are talking about, but I can't remember the scene.
[02:54] <Doomfest> that is what it feels like
[02:55] <Komi> Personality conflicts on the team, I take it?
[02:56] <Doomfest> no
[02:56] <Doomfest> just bugs
[02:56] <Doomfest> storm of bugs

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#14 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Okay, here is the screenshots for my first VN

Engine used: Ren'py 6.8.0
Project name: Pumpkin Patch
Project Link: http://midnighticequeen.wordpress.com/
Content: I made all the art for this game, that includes (character art, backgrounds, buttons, etc)
Comments: This is my first VN, so it took me a while to get things positioned the way I wanted. Even now the in game menu and side view of my character aren't the way I want. I don't know when it should be done, but I do have the storyline already planned, it's now just a matter of finishing it. I hope to have it all done before February, but who knows. :)

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#15 Post by Enerccio »

Project Name: Songs of Araiah
Link: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2274 , http://bishojo.tk
Content: Everything in both images is original artwork by our artist, yvanc, who did it all: sprites, backgrounds, cgs, and all the ui elements
Engine: Ren'Py (across several versions, so we've lost track which...)
Comment: All the cgs and sprites are done, as is the story, so there's only a few hurdles left (backgrounds, music, a bit of scripting, etc.) until we finish. Look forward to playing it sometime soon!
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU