CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: Project Screenshot(s)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: Project Screenshot(s)

#16 Post by Vatina »

Project Name: Angelic Orbs - Broken Memories
Link: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2027 , http://www.vatinasportal.dk/game/game.html
Content: Sprites and background are both by myself (bg's are photographs). Music by Alessio, although you can't see that here...
Engine: Ren'Py
Comment: Almost everything done. Needs to have a few music tracks inserted and some polishing. Hopefully I can resist the urge to redo more art and still release this before 2009!
Attachments
screenshot16.jpg
screenshot12.jpg

BigFish
Regular

#17 Post by BigFish »

Project Name: Peter & Nemo Thanksgiving
Link: n/a
Content: All sprites custom, backgrounds through Google and edited with Photoshop
Engine: Ren'Py 6.8.0
Comments: As for plot.... I don't think I'll even bother explaining that. But the main reason I'm submitting these is because of the various customization done to the GUI, including some things I don't think I've ever seen in other Ren'Py games, such as custom character positions, a custom menu (that's not a menu command there, actually. It probably will be replaced by one though, since my system is driving me insane.), a jukebox on the main menu, and large, opaque gui elements. The gameplay is kind of like an adventure game, where you select commands from the menu in the first screenshot. It plays a bit better than it looks. I'll upload the first 'chapter' if anyone expresses interest in seeing it for themselves.

Some people might notice an obvious resemblance between this and Tantei Jingūji Saburō Shiroi Kage no Shōjo for the Game Boy Advance, of which I'm a big fan, but can't understand due to my lack of Japanese knowledge. Argh. Well, anyways, enjoy. :)

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#18 Post by Blue123 »

And... it's time! We've reached the time limit, so unfortunately we can't accept any more submissions. Now for the judging to begin...

Thanks!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#19 Post by sasquatchii »

Wow, this thread is ancient!! Seriously like a blast from the past. It was a bit of a shock to see Jack Norton's "Spirited Heart" game from Winter Wolves "in progress" - since I bought and played it last year.. took me a minute to check the dates on these (I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :))
ImageImage