"Thank You" Post, Contest, and Special Announcement!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Kayotime
Regular
Projects: Shinpaku High, Sakura Sunset

"Thank You" Post, Contest, and Special Announcement!

#1 Post by Kayotime »

Hiyeeeeeeee!
What's happening folks?
My name is Kayotime and welcome to my first "announcement" post!
(P.S: If this is in the wrong forum, please have a moderator move it. Thanks)

Firstly, I want to offer my sincere thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped me with my game thus far! I don't know everyone's names, but there are a lot, and I want to thank each and every one of them, as well as those who helped from afar! The general vibe of the community is such a refreshing change from my past forum experiences. Usually the creators on other forums want newbies to figure things out themselves, and don't offer any useful advice or help. Furthermore, they're judgmental, harsh, and extremely critical, not always in a friendly fashion.

Not here.

From the moment I joined the forums, it has been nothing but open-armed welcomes, constructive advice, and loving support all the way! It is thanks to you guys and gals that my game is coming along so smoothly! I never would have made it this far without you all!

So, as a thank you for helping make my dreams come true, I have a contest for you!

CONTEST: ANIME FANART!

Rules:
  • - No sexual content.
    - Keep violent scenes to a minimum (if you're unsure what this means, please PM me).
    - The subject of the artwork MUST be anime related.
    - You can choose any anime, any character, any scene, so long as it follows the above rules.
    - Submissions can be emailed or posted to this thread.
    - Only one entry per person.
    - It doesn't have to be the best artwork ever. It just needs to show effort and understanding of the subject (Don't draw pictures of characters you're not familiar with. Try to use someone/thing you know!)
    - If you are not an anime fan, or do not wish to submit anime style art, I will also allow submissions related to Undertale, Creepypasta, Yandere Simulator (this is an anime style game, but for this purpose it doesn't have to be drawn that way), as well as any topics that I approve. If you're not sure what topics I'll allow, please either PM me or post in the thread and I'll publicly announce whether the subject can be used or not.
    - Please include your forum username, the name of your subject, where the subject is from, and a short description (one to three sentences) of what your artwork portrays and how it relates to the topic you chose.
I am not judging the entries based on skill or talent, but rather on a basis of effort and understanding of the subject. Please don't feel bad if I don't pick your work. It's not that your art isn't good. I'm looking forward to everyone's work! But if it really comes down to it, decisions will be made with a poll/survey either on my blog or on my Patreon. This way, the fans can decide the results, and I'm not faced with the difficult decision of which artwork wins. This also helps avoid hurt feelings, which is a good thing!

Now, the rewards!

Top Ten Winners: Special Event/Cameo in my current project (Shinpaku High). You can tell me what to do for it, or leave it as a surprise!

Top Five Runners-Up: Recommendations across all my social media linked back to your work! This'll help get your awesome ideas and creations out there, and increase your fans! :)

Thank you to everyone who has helped me thus far, and a thank you in advance to the contest entries!

Good luck, and have fun!
Active Project: Sakura Sunset
NOTICE: Shinpaku High is being put on hold for now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank You!

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: "Thank You" Post, Contest, and Special Announcement!

#2 Post by indoneko »

When's the deadline?

Btw, I think this post is more relevant to Asset Creation: Art subforum
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: "Thank You" Post, Contest, and Special Announcement!

#3 Post by PyTom »

I'm going to lock this thread.

Part of the reason why the Lemma Soft Forums work is that the forums have a topic - the development of visual novels and story-based games. I don't see how anime fan-art is related to that. As a result, this thread it off topic for the forums. I like the idea of promoting community, but I really don't think we do that by allowing topic drift.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom