Physical Copies of Your Games?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Physical Copies of Your Games?

#16 Post by Kokoro Hane »

KittyWills wrote:
Kokoro Hane wrote:I PERSONALLY always love DVD packaging, I love having manuals and a disc and cover art with a synopsis etc.
https://www.amazon.com/100PCS-SWIVEL-SQ ... 3fac9524ce

Boom~ Same thing for but USBs. Can toss art, manual, whole nine-yards. =D That was my biggest issue as well. Having a loose USB looks shoddy. I know some other game devs who had them just scattered around on there table and just no.

I have a much larger presence RL than online. I hit a couple cons a year and go to tech and computer rallies quite a bit. Physical products are a necessity for me. But unless you are really active in hitting these sort of scenes, physical copies should be a low priority for most. They are expensive to make.
Hmmm, that is quite interesting---a USB case, kinda like when you have game covers for your portable games that are on SD card-sized carts, well I guess they are SD cards hahaha. One thing is, then the picture would be small lol. I guess I just love the mini-poster size of a DVD cover (this is why I'll never use CD or Blu-Ray covers 'cause they're too small for me), but it's probably just a matter of preference. That is a neat idea though, USB covers. The price, however..... another story xD
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"