Unusual Endings

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Unusual Endings

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

I'm just a bit "crazy" lately and I'm thinking to make an unusual ending. So you guys can dump any crazy ending ideas here.
I have noo ideas at the moment so I'll post my wicked ideas later. Heh heh. :twisted:

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Unusual Endings

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Are you looking for an ending for any story in particular? If not, then here's some made-up-on-the-spot unusual endings...

1. In a boy x girls harem game, there's a girl whose appearance is plain at best. She lacks moe charm points. The hero can pursue her. Once they get to know each other, he will find that she is...
his counterpart. In much the same way that he represents a male audience for a renai game, she represents an otome game audience. She wants a harem of her own. In their best ending, they'd work out their differences, and gain an appreciation of each other's interests.
This is somewhat inspired by the character Arisa from _Green Green_.

2. Lotos Eater Machine: now that he's an adult, the main character is interested in revisiting his adolescence, and getting another chance at love. Suddenly, his dream comes true, and he finds himself younger, back in school, and able to talk with several cute girls nearby. But then...
he realizes that he's trapped in an illusionary world by an enemy... someone who wants the main character to be gone. He can choose to remain there, or he can break free and return to reality. He may need the girls' help in order to be set free. Each of them may have her own unique ability to repel illusions or defeat the enemy. In the best "return to the real world" endings, he will find that whichever girl he got along with best has a real-world adult self (counterpart?), and they'll have some of their memories. In bad endings, the hero might not just die or be trapped, but find that his enemy is in fact one of the girls...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3 Post by LVUER »

Unusual endings? You mean ending that is hard to accept, going against normal perception, or not common to happen? Either way, here's my unusual ending. I don't think I going to use them though...
1. Our world is in danger, space monsters are pouring down to Earth and brutally feast on humanity. When there seems no hope for us... Guess what, Ultramans come to rescue and slay all those monsters ^_^
2. The world is in danger (what, again?). The protagonist is fighting his best to save the world and stop the fission atomic bomb from destroying our Earth... and at the same time, saving some cute girls. When our protagonist made it to disarm the bomb and about to kiss our sweet heroine, he wakes up. What? It's all just a dream of an ordinary highschool student who watch too many James Bond movies. Well, that boy wakes up and ready himself to go to school. In the bathroom he thinks to himself that he want to continue his dream again later that night.
3. Our world is (again) in great danger. But fear not! We have a saviour to save our sorry arse, a 17 years young boy who suddenly surrounded by many cute young girls (your usual naive magician, cute catgirl, klutz princess, etc) just because he's a propheted saviour. But hey... what is this, the enemies black general is the boy's missing brother? And the evil king is the boy's long lost father who supposed to be dead in the hand of the boy's own brother? And the judge who always helping the boy is the boy's uncle who supposed to be a materialistic fat-arse merchant? Wow, who can guess that? And since all goes well, the family is now reunited again and they live a happy family life forever. FIN.

How's that? Unusual enough? Hehehehe ^_^
I often joke about all these endings with my brother when talking about some bad movies...

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

LVUER wrote: 2. The world is in danger (what, again?). The protagonist is fighting his best to save the world and stop the fission atomic bomb from destroying our Earth... and at the same time, saving some cute girls. When our protagonist made it to disarm the bomb and about to kiss our sweet heroine, he wakes up. What? It's all just a dream of an ordinary highschool student who watch too many James Bond movies. Well, that boy wakes up and ready himself to go to school. In the bathroom he thinks to himself that he want to continue his dream again later that night.
Not a bad idea. The story could be about people who dream about heroism... and whether they can survive when faced with danger in real life.

One more odd ending, based on an idea I've had for a while: the female lead character is the manager of a boy's sports team. She respects them a lot, thinks some of them are cute/hot, and she's trying to sort out which boy she likes. You'd think that at least half the guys on her team would want to be chosen by her, right? Well...
none of the ones she *wants* are available. Half the guys are already in love with other girls. One isn't heterosexual. The remaining guys are:

-a somewhat nerdy second-string player who talks too much, and isn't as talented as he thinks he is
-a rather good player who is in good shape... but who is not attractive (from an injury?)
-an athlete who takes "strong, silent type" too far... he barely pays attention to any girl.

The heroine's dilemma: can she find anything good in these three available characters? Can love grow between them?

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by musical74 »

Mutters...this MAY be a repeat...dang ISP issues

Main Characher is an honorable and chivalious knight who swears loyalty to a (supposedly) honorable and kind king. The king sends the knight off to a distant land for something that will *help the kingdom* so the knight goes off to the land...only to find nothing out of the ordinary. Oh, the people are nice, but there's nothing at all that could help the kingdom. When the knight goes back....he finds a slaughter in progrss, in the king's name. Turns out the king is in fact a total slimeball who used the knight's best traits against him...the knight has two choices to make and he doesn't like either....he can either FLEE (theres no way he can stand up to the king's army), but that galls him because he doesdn't like fleeing OR he can follow his oath and join the slaughter, although THAT galls him because this is very wrong to his train of thought?

Just an idea :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#6 Post by LVUER »

musical74 wrote:Mutters...this MAY be a repeat...dang ISP issues

Main Characher is an honorable and chivalious knight who swears loyalty to a (supposedly) honorable and kind king. The king sends the knight off to a distant land for something that will *help the kingdom* so the knight goes off to the land...only to find nothing out of the ordinary. Oh, the people are nice, but there's nothing at all that could help the kingdom. When the knight goes back....he finds a slaughter in progrss, in the king's name. Turns out the king is in fact a total slimeball who used the knight's best traits against him...the knight has two choices to make and he doesn't like either....he can either FLEE (theres no way he can stand up to the king's army), but that galls him because he doesdn't like fleeing OR he can follow his oath and join the slaughter, although THAT galls him because this is very wrong to his train of thought?

Just an idea :)
Since you didn't add the ending, this becomes an idea, so better dump it in Idea Dump topic, so that we won't have duplicated topics.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

Lololol, the endings from gekiganwing are funnyy!!! XD
Ending for a GXB game:
Actually the boy you're pursuing is falling in love with another boy that's "obtainable", it's a yaoi ending definetely and the MC goes "WTF!?"

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by N0UGHTS »

That might actually be worth some comedic gold, if executed right.

But if a game were to always end that way no matter what... Well, you'd probably annoy a few girls.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Yonorang

#9 Post by Yonorang »

The knife penetrated my heart. It is dyed in red. I might
be in trouble, I might die, I might, I might, I might, I might,
I might, I....
---
"No matter what I do, it always ends the same way.
And upon each ending another beginning is born anew."

Although you might be average kind of guy, you are
blessed (?) with a gift many might desire:

Immortality, though in a different sense.

Your deeds have enabled you to enter the cycle of
death and rebirth. But this cycle is not fixed in time,
so instead of being reborn in the future you are born
again as the one which you thought of as your father/
mother.
You are not exactly conscious of your circumstances
but sometimes the clash of reality and memory have
given you a brief glimpse of your past/present/future (?).

And so it begins again. Will you be able to change, what
you set out to do? Or will fate conspire to keep you
chained in that endless cycle which cannot be considered
,life´?

---
And so I open my eyes again...

Andrew

#10 Post by Andrew »

The story's simple -- It's an otome game. Main character meets different people like a rape victim, a kidnap victim, an orphan whose parents committed suicide, a psychopath, a guy who killed his father when he's eight, and another guy who saw his siblings raped and killed in front of him.

In the end, the rape victim commits suicide, the kidnap victim kills the father-killer guy, then the orphan murders the kidnap victim and the guy (whose siblings are dead), in the end the psychopath finished him. Main character gets kidnapped and raped by the psychopath. The end.