Anybody looking for an artist?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Helblinde

Anybody looking for an artist?

#1 Post by Helblinde »

Well, the topic says it all. Im not sure about my drawing abilities, but if you like what you see, don't be scared to contact me.
When making this game I will oc use much cleaner lineart, and cell-shaded (cgd or grayscale).

http://www.freewebs.com/venividi/Small_ ... blinde.jpg (newest, my new improved(?) style)

http://www.freewebs.com/venividi/Wind__ ... ilsson.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/venividi/quicky.JPG
http://www.freewebs.com/venividi/Not_do ... blinde.jpg
Working on: N/A [0 % Done]

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#2 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Your use of colour is too dark, a common trait I find in many Euro-American amateur CGers.

Your lines need to be processed - airbrushed, blurred, straightened, and/or thinned - they just seem too raggedly outstanding. Make it feel more natural. You don't see borders of things in real life!

The face work shows that you've clearly done some homework - but again - the lines probably made it look too amateurish, and you need to work with a larger canvas when you draw. That should help it.
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

If nobody else will help, you might be on my list of contacts. (unfortunately, you'll be near the bottom, but at least you're on the list, right).

I'll start PM'ing people on my list (which is now three, counting you) when I start a project needing artwork.
~Kitsune Zeta

RedSlash
Veteran

#4 Post by RedSlash »

Megaman Z! Just stealing all the artists, aren't you? :evil:

I like the fanarts. Cute! With your skills, maybe you should join in the Nanoreno as well!

Helblinde

#5 Post by Helblinde »

Yang Sei Fu, thanks for the critique.

I started out drawing a year ago so I still have alot to learn, and it's comments like yours that makes me want to improve (Even though this thread wasn't about it ^^).

I know the lines are messy though, and I did that on purpose since I didn't have photoshop at that time. But you are right, the lines sure look messy :roll:

Megaman Z, sure thing (sounds better then nothing!)

And RedSlash, I though about joining the Nanoreno next month (Is it every month?) with the renpy engine (I suck at coding). We will see how that turns out in the end.

Mata ne!
Working on: N/A [0 % Done]

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#6 Post by rioka »

Helblinde wrote:And RedSlash, I though about joining the Nanoreno next month (Is it every month?) with the renpy engine (I suck at coding). We will see how that turns out in the end.
NaNoRenO every month? O_O O_o I think I'd fall down flat on my face if that happened. NaNoRenO is a yearly event (for now).

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Megaman Z »

RedSlash wrote:Megaman Z! Just stealing all the artists, aren't you?
(D. Zeta) YOU HAVE A F****** PROBLEM WITH THAT?
(L. Zeta) uh...
(D. Zeta) DO YA, PUNK?
(L. ZETA) -sigh- sombody call security... again...
[D. Zeta continues screaming at RedSlash]
(L. Zeta) hmm... what it taking them so long...
[security arrives with a titanium bat]
(L. Zeta) arigato...
*WHACK*
(L. Zeta) that should shut him up for a while. RedSlash, just in case you're wondering, the first artist that's on my list, I still haven't seen any artwork from (and I'm considering taking him OFF the list if this keeps up!). also, I have NO PROBLEM with artists working on other projects (even their own, like Binki with "Dance"). absolute worst case scenario is, you end up seeing extremely crappy (for lack of a better word) art from me in a game.
Helblinde, I'm still working on a project at school (that isn't for an assignment), so after that one's done I'll start PM'ing the people on my list for contributions. (of course, I may start asking for plot help soon... I'm starting to hit writer's block :oops: ) and I do have photoshop. I may need to reinstall it, though, if nessisary, for editing. (checks) yep. it got lost in the mass delete of Feb. 2005
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#8 Post by darkknight »

megaman you may very well be onw of the most...ummmm...(must be nice) unique person one the forum...
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Megaman Z »

darkknight>>D. Zeta -usually- doesn't get mad at people over the internet. usually. (he's -still- out cold, thank god)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#10 Post by darkknight »

D.Zeta...L.Zeta....Megaman Zeta...(insert real name here)...are you one of them people that walk down the street yelling at themselves???
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Megaman Z »

on occasion... it's usually after I'm kick outta here... and I usually get thrown back in here... something about disturbing the peace... my question is, what peace is there when you basically have two spirits inhabiting the same body?

(oh, crap. D. Zeta's about to wake up. better hit that submit button)
~Kitsune Zeta

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#12 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Don't we all around here? We're revolutionaries, we argue to ourselves to continue.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Megaman Z »

Yang Sei Fu wrote:Don't we all around here? We're revolutionaries, we argue to ourselves to continue.
huh? a little explanation would be nice for those of us who can't quite comprehend this... like me
~Kitsune Zeta

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#14 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

In short, we're crazy people. We are...
The minority. XD
To the rest of the English world, we're crazy.

RedSlash
Veteran

#15 Post by RedSlash »

We're revolutionaries, we argue to ourselves to continue.
To the rest of the English world, we're crazy.
Awesome. Just awesome the way you use your english words.