WE NEED MORE LIGHT AND FLUFFY STUFF!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

Re: WE NEED MORE LIGHT AND FLUFFY STUFF!

#46 Post by Dave the Twisted »

As long as it falls under "lighthearted" I see no problem with the friendship.

I did make a thread asking for the random ordering of scenes specifically for use in this. I've had no luck in getting it to work. Maybe Megaman will have better luck...

As for how it'll be laid out, we could do it in a straight shot from start to end with random scene ordering, or make a scene selection. (The latter of course, I have no idea how to do...)

March sounds good for a deadline, but I'm new here. Enlighten me as to what NaNoReNo is. I've heard the name around, but I don't know any more than that...
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#47 Post by Megaman Z »

NaNoRenO projects are started on March 1st at 12:00pm (or later) and finished by April 1st at 12:00pm. you'll know when it's going on by the death clock at the top of the forum (assuming PyTom still does that).

as for ordering of scenes and directly related stuff... I have no earthly idea on how to go about it.
~Kitsune Zeta

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#48 Post by akemicchi »

Great, great! xD Because that's my only story idea and changing one of them into a girl wouldn't give the effect I wanted it to have. Haha.
Dave the Twisted wrote:March sounds good for a deadline, but I'm new here. Enlighten me as to what NaNoReNo is. I've heard the name around, but I don't know any more than that...
NaNoRenO:
National Ren'Ai Game Writing Month? It's similar to NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month. It's one month chosen in all the year where there's a 'contest' to finish your game in that whole month. (You don't actually win anything, but then again, there's the overwhelming satisfaction of finishing your game in a month.) You can only start working on it on the day NaNoRenO starts, but there's also IntRenAIMo, where you can start the game anytime before NaNoRenO starts, but you have to finish by the end of it. (The end of March, usually.)
Dave the Twisted wrote:I did make a thread asking for the random ordering of scenes specifically for use in this. I've had no luck in getting it to work. Maybe Megaman will have better luck...

As for how it'll be laid out, we could do it in a straight shot from start to end with random scene ordering, or make a scene selection. (The latter of course, I have no idea how to do...)
Megaman Z wrote:as for ordering of scenes and directly related stuff... I have no earthly idea on how to go about it.
Ah!! Then, can I help with programming?! :D Not that I'm particularly exceptional at Ren'py or Python or anything, but I think I'll know how to make a scene selection screen~! (Of course, if someone else wants to volunteer for programming, then by all means, please do so! It's totally A-OK with me! C: )

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#49 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Okay, now do we want to make this an official NaNoRenO entry or do people want to start ASAP? Personally I don't want us to be on a huge timecrunch, and if people miss the deadline, we can make more.
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#50 Post by AlphaProspector »

I think I'll take the challenge of writing a super pretty light hearted story if only to prove I can do it and also shock everyone with such a huge contrast.

I'll try to keep my story really really small so whoever wants to attempt highly cute drawings (who is going to? akemicchi? I cannot for the life draw anything resembling "cute") doesn't have to go crazy about it (in short = doesn't have to do a lot or put a lot of effort 'cause I know how demanding doing character art can be).

But to get the most out of the story(ies), things would really have to look nice, hence why I will try to focus in just one-two characters max: they need to be, quoting walfas, awesome. And if the artist doesn't have to suffer much in the process, even better!

I'll try to provide BGs for my script, but I'm still not so sure there. Depends on my capability of producing something non sci-fi/alien/weird/scary. I'll also have to fine tune things to obtain a painting-like or close-to-drawing feeling.

Fingers crossed. March looks like a good deadline.

You will also want to set up a word limit for each story so none takes over the others, right? Something like 6k-8k words max? Thus, when we sum all the short stories, it'll have like a 50-80k total word count depending on the amount of stories.

That would be a good length for the work. Oh, it could also be an awesome promotional piece for all the artists involved, especially if all the text is properly edited and looks 'pro'. You know how even Ever17 is full of typos...
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#51 Post by akemicchi »

Dave the Twisted wrote:Okay, now do we want to make this an official NaNoRenO entry or do people want to start ASAP?
Er, well, I'm already writing mine, since I'm on Christmas Break and I figure I should start as soon as I can. Hahahaha...
AlphaProspector wrote:I'll try to keep my story really really small so whoever wants to attempt highly cute drawings (who is going to? akemicchi? I cannot for the life draw anything resembling "cute") ...
Me? @@; I don't really want to provide any art for anything other than my own projects, since it'll take time (which I probably won't have any more of by mid-Jan to mid-March)... But if no one else can contribute and I manage to find time, I can try--?!? I can't make any promises of following through, though...

It'd be a real shame for an otherwise finished story to not be included only because it didn't have art. :\ I know there are people here that are offering their writing... I wonder if there are people who can contribute their artistic talents also? :3

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#52 Post by Vatina »

Hmm I'll try doing art for my story after all.

I'd say we begin writing outside the NaNoReNo, but it has always been a good motivation booster anyway :P

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#53 Post by AlphaProspector »

akemicchi wrote:Me? @@; I don't really want to provide any art for anything other than my own projects, since it'll take time (which I probably won't have any more of by mid-Jan to mid-March)... But if no one else can contribute and I manage to find time, I can try--?!? I can't make any promises of following through, though...

It'd be a real shame for an otherwise finished story to not be included only because it didn't have art. :\ I know there are people here that are offering their writing... I wonder if there are people who can contribute their artistic talents also? :3
lol, this is why I was asking. =P I thought, "man, this is way too KRAZY for just one artist". Couldn't be logic. Thanks for clearing though.

Anyway, now I should sit, quit procrastinating, start writing and make use of my holidays before I get back to work.

The word count limit also interests me so I can measure how much blabber I'll put into it and avoid fillers.
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#54 Post by sake-bento »

I'd really like to contribute a story. Depending on time constraints, I might be able to do art as well. But definitely some writing.

#55 Post by Guest »

I'm in the middle of creating sprites of two children...The boy is done, the girl has two expressions to go.
I'm not using them for anything, so if anyone needs them; I can contribute them to this.

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#56 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Guest wrote:I'm in the middle of creating sprites of two children...The boy is done, the girl has two expressions to go.
I'm not using them for anything, so if anyone needs them; I can contribute them to this.
That'd be nice. I'd like to see them when you're done. I'm sure someone here can use some art.

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#57 Post by AngelicCarrot »

I'm so happy so many people turned out for this ^^

Christmas break is still going on, I might have some time to do cgs and such... If anyone wants me to draw for them I'll be happy to :3 (New Photoshop and tablet! Yay)
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#58 Post by AngelicCarrot »

I also have some random ideas to put out there if someone needs a story to branch off of ^^

It'd be so neat to have some more magical girl RPGs! Specialy with insert videos with full transformations, ect.
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#59 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I also have some random ideas to put out there if someone needs a story to branch off of ^^

It'd be so neat to have some more magical girl RPGs! Specialy with insert videos with full transformations, ect.
Yeah, that would be nice.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#60 Post by musical74 »

(musical74 watches Mina bouncing around, practicing being a friend to pretty much everyone, and generally hoping someone can use her in the light and fluffy game)

musical74: um, Mina, there's no garuntee that Angelic Carrot or Sake Bento or Dave the Twisted or MegaMan Z will use you in one of their

Mina: (cutting him off agaun) They have to!!! I'm so adorable and cute!! And I can be as light and fluffy as a faerie or a dryad or a slyph!! I'll even accept a bit role!!

(musical wonders why he has the ONE very anti-cliche vampiress, heck if you didn't see her fangs you would never guess she was a vampiress...way too bubbly and friendly!)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.