Resources

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Twar3Draconis
Regular

#106 Post by Twar3Draconis »

I'm probably bumping an old topic as well as necroposting in it, but I came to my attention that Sakari Infinity wasn't listed. I've been using Sakari for quite a while, back when I worked with RPG Maker XP. All the music there is free for use in a non-commercial project as long as proper credit is given. The good thing? It's all original, and made specifically for games.

http://www.sakari-infinity.net/

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

Re: Resources

#107 Post by kara24601 »

Thanks.
Anybody know of some good free music that's already in ogg / mp3 format?
I personally prefer mp3 over ogg but I see that alot of people prefer ogg over mp3 and keep saying one should use ogg instead of mp3 in games. I am asking about mp3s for both game and non-game interest. I know I can't be the only one interested in knowing of free mp3 even if they end up not ever using it/them in a project.
Apoligies if anyone has already listed such information somewhere, I haven't looked at everything and even simply doing a search on something doesn't always get you what you are looking for. On the upside, I'm feeling better now and just might start trying to work on games again. I can't really promise anything but it's really nice to have that feeling "Hey, maybe I'll work on this some more!" again. Heh.

I love Seventh Sanctum...it's fun and useful.

Well, I've never been very good at 3D/Rendered stuff...but when I first found Daz3D the basic package and some extras were free. I don't know if that's changed. I still get their newsletter but I usually just skim over it....
Yes, alot of the extras cost money but as far as I know Daz3D itself is free and it doesn't really need poser stuff but aren't there free Poser things out there anyway? Poser itself costs money, right? But surely there are Poser things out there that are free....
:?

Fawkes - Feathered Melody
Regular

#108 Post by Fawkes - Feathered Melody »

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/index.php

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's a treasure trove of sound effects.
Writer / Programmer
Crows Project: Released 12/15/07
Noctua: In Development. Demo 3 released.
Project Silk Road: Planning/Story Construction
"Live while awake. Live while dreaming."
We have a [new] website again!

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#109 Post by rocket »

Fawkes - Feathered Melody wrote:http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/index.php

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's a treasure trove of sound effects.
Freesounds is included in the Wiki resources page. You're right tho' it's great!

I wonder if the Mods would sticky a post at the beginning of this thread asking folks to add and update the resource Wiki rather than add stuff here. I think it might be more useful?

http://renpy.org/wiki/community/Resource_Links

#110 Post by Guest »

It should be a front page link imho. Although recently no one can edit the front page.

Jake
Support Hero

#111 Post by Jake »

I'm a little loathe to update the wiki just 'cause people have a higher expectation of permanence for links from wiki pages than links from forum posts - but in case anyone's interested, I figured I should post here. I just got back from a couple of weeks' holiday in the US - starting in Washington DC, then going across to the Delaware coast, over the Lewes-Cape May ferry to NJ and up to NYC - and while I was mostly absorbed in taking photos of architecture, I noticed a few shots which might make good VN backgrounds. So here they are - I've not really done anything to them outside of cropping 'cause I have no idea if anyone's interested, and I uploaded scaled-down versions, but if anybody wants the originals (~2500x1900 pixels) just ask; I'm happy enough for people to use them under a BSD-style license.

Most of 'em are of Washington DC's rather beautiful cathedral, and the grounds surrounding; there's a couple of on-the-ferry shots and a few random spots from elsewhere. I kept forgetting to take BG-suitable (high horizon, level eye-level view, etc.) photos, so there's some obvious omissions. ;-)

http://www.eviscerate.net/projects/vn/bg/
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#112 Post by rioka »

Just wanted to bump this thread again because it's got tons of great links and resources. Also wanted to add this:

Pose Maniacs
Find all kinds of poses. Great for artists.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#113 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Found a nifty site for commercial use fonts.
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#115 Post by janrrah18 »

wwwaaaahh!! thank you so much!!!!!!1there are many things here i really need!!!

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#116 Post by kara24601 »

Glad to see people still get some use out of this thread. Thank you to everyone who keeps interest in it and for adding to the thread. I'm kinda busy today even though I'm typing this now , I really should be doing other things right now but I will try to remember to update some stuff soon and slightly edit some of my posts to provide new links ....I'm not sure what else I should post here.

It's sad that Sakari Infinity is not worth a visit anymore due to annoying hackers.

I never even got the chance to peruse ye, SI.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#117 Post by Taleweaver »

Why has this never been Sticky'd?

Time to change that.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

teagirlvn
Deviantart: teagirl-vn

#118 Post by teagirlvn »

Anyone know where I can buy music with vocalist voice included ? I don't really need to buy the whole copyright, I just need the right to use it for my commercial VN.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#119 Post by Taleweaver »

Our Recruitment forums include musicians who also offer vocals. Or you find someone you like on Soundcloud or Jamendo and negotiate a deal.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

teagirlvn
Deviantart: teagirl-vn

#120 Post by teagirlvn »

Hello Taleweaver, thank you very much for the fast reply and your hard work to keep the forum running as well !
I basically wanted to look for sites that upload trail version of original songs and let people pay for the right to use it.
Something I can just get and go, instead of working directly with the musicans, like these:
http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/produc ... 11413.html
http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/produc ... 06666.html
It's easier for me this way because I'm terrible at explaining what I really want, so if possible I would like to see if I can find and buy an available song that suits my VN, before using recruitment forums.