Resources

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#31 Post by Megaman Z »

darkknight wrote:well yeah i had to use the dogs and i am too lazy...
I found a song title...

In the end...Linkin park
that was an easy one, darkknight.

anyhow, anyone care to step up to the challenge and get LiveMaker working?

(song scavenger hunt: in this post, give me the title, artist, and EXACT album/disc it's on. [really doubts anyone will find the one I have in mind...])
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#32 Post by darkknight »

Well lets see the one i am thinking of is
(Step up - Linkin park-Hybrid theory EP)

I like linkin park
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

bookie
Veteran

#33 Post by bookie »

I broke down and DLed liveNovel, so if I can make heads or tails of it I'll post my findings.

It's all a matter of knowing what to click and when. XD

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Megaman Z »

bookie wrote:I broke down and DLed liveNovel, so if I can make heads or tails of it I'll post my findings.

It's all a matter of knowing what to click and when. XD
I have the full package: LiveNovel, LiveCinema, BMP->GALE, whatever else is included in it... the problem with the sample source code is that the gale files (*.GAL) didn't extract from the installer...
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#35 Post by bookie »

Oh, so the problem you're having isn't with the game but with the system? All I known in that respect is how I got Japanese onto my computer. Just went into language/setting, installed east asian support and toggled with some other stuff too.

日本語をかきます!

aaanyway I can give you a run down of how I set up my Japanese support if that will help.

As far as the game went, I managed to extract/open it successfully, in fact, I sort of randomly found the folder GTESP in myDocs (but I'm tired so maybe I put it there. XD)

The program's a little dangerous because I can't understand everything and I haven't found the undo button yet, but it makes really flashy games.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Megaman Z »

OK, bookie, what did you do? I have Japanese language support already but not support for japanese filenames. that's what killed me. (I'm pretty sure this should be posted publicly for public reference. I'm not the only one with this problem, it seems... also, the mydocs directory is the default directory.)

[Off-Topic: this is my 200th post! yay!]
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#37 Post by bookie »

There shouldn't be any difference between Japanese filenames and language support, but I'll go through my steps.

Setting>Control Panel>Regional & Language (of course)

In the Languages Tab make sure Install files for East Asian Languages is Checked. Then in Details add Japanese so that it looks like this:
After that, go to the Advanced tab and Check "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs"

This causes some programs will automaticaly become Japanese for some reason. (My Azerous is Japanese because I haven't figured out how to make it english without turning off Asian support entirely)

After that, I go back to R&L options>Advanced, and set non-Unicode Programs to Japanese.

That's basically how I have my options set up. Because I just alter things until stuff works I don't know how helpfull any of this is, but it's working for me. ^_^;

*pops some confetti*

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Megaman Z »

YES! IT WORKS! (you have to install the East Asian Languages to do this, BTW. if you did this already, when the "skip install YES/NO" dialog box comes up, click yes.)
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#39 Post by bookie »

WONDERFUL! Now you can help me figure the damn thing out. :o

PixelWrangler
Regular

#40 Post by PixelWrangler »

As long as we're bringing up free Japanese ren'ai creation engines:

NScripter - http://www2.osk.3web.ne.jp/~naokikun/

Yoshizato/KAG3 - http://kikyou.info/tvp/

They are not graphically-oriented like LiveMaker, to be certain, but I believe that they are both full-featured versions and free to use. (not sure about commercial licensing)

For a graphically-oriented product that won't run you $30K for a commercial game, there's Love Simulation School 2 - http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/digifami/products/renai2/. It goes for around Y10,000 (about $90USD) if you can find it, and it's made by Enterbrain, the company responsible for the RPG Maker series.

P.W.

P.S. - LSS2 on Amazon.co.jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 17-7663456. 1-2 weeks listed as shipping, though, so not sure they still actually have it in stock.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#41 Post by kara24601 »

I wasn't sure who to ask this question , so that's why I'm posting here instead of sending a PM , sorry if that annoys anyone....anyway this has happened before with a word and here's the question :

Why are some words suddenly turned Yellow?

I'm a pretty good speller and don't remember misspelling anything , so why do some of my words keep ending up in Yellow when I didn't put them in that color and I am pretty sure I spelled them correctly?

( the word that got colored Yellow this time was resources )

Please reply ASAP if you know the answer.
Thank you very much.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Megaman Z »

kara24601>>I haven't had any words turn yellow. I'll keep an eye out for any. you may want to try and get a screencap of an instance where the word went yellow and either
A)send it to PyTom, since I'm pretty sure he does the debugging
or
B)post it publicly in the forums.
~Kitsune Zeta

Iaman
Regular

#43 Post by Iaman »

http://www.gamingw.net- for rpgmaker sprites

also

http://www.rmxp.net- for more rpgmaker xp sprites
I have no pants!

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#44 Post by kara24601 »

Just in case anybody needs it -

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=457

This is my own - ( I consider it way old by now since I haven't added any tips and stuff in a long time but I think it might still be helpful for somebody... ) -
tutorial of sorts for Ren'Py.

If people have already been talking about this next thing , apoligies...any way :

What about sites or web pages about translation projects for said free Japanese Ren'ai / game maker tools and stuff?

Oh , and...it turned out that the "yellow word weirdness" was just a result of me doing searches. Somebody was kind enough to point that out to me and I am sorry but I don't remember who pointed it out...
So , if anybody else starts to see Yellow words , it's because you did a search for a certain word and I guess that's just part of the way the forums / script helps you find related stuff.
:oops: :lol:

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Megaman Z »

kara24601 wrote:Oh , and...it turned out that the "yellow word weirdness" was just a result of me doing searches. Somebody was kind enough to point that out to me and I am sorry but I don't remember who pointed it out...
So , if anybody else starts to see Yellow words , it's because you did a search for a certain word and I guess that's just part of the way the forums / script helps you find related stuff.
:oops: :lol:
nice to know it wasn't a problem with the forums...

but this creates an interesting idea... maybe we should be able to bookmark threads so that we could find them (and I'm not talking about adding them to [insert browser here]'s {favorites/bookmarks}... that would work, but it's kinda annoying to have a half-dozen threads in the favorites folder... but what do I know?)

I think I've confused enough people by putting "but" in yellow... but it's so fun!

okay, I'll stop... but it was fun!
~Kitsune Zeta