Umineko Game Jam

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Banana
Tumblr: waitingformycoffin

Umineko Game Jam

#1 Post by Banana »

Hey everyone! Since it's Umineko's 10th anniversary this year, I thought I'd host a game jam to celebrate, where we basically make anything inspired by any aspect of Umineko. Check the itch.io page out! Let me know if you have any questions.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Re: Umineko Game Jam

#2 Post by Caveat Lector »

Wow, this sounds awesome! My only question is, does the game have to be 100% Umineko-based (ie, a fangame), or can it be an original story with Umineko-inspired elements?

EDIT: Wait, another thing--within the context of the jam, are we allowed to use art from the game?
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Banana
Tumblr: waitingformycoffin

#3 Post by Banana »

You can make anything - fangames, original games, etc - as long as it's even slightly inspired by any aspect of Umineko and publishable on itch.io! :D

I think there are fangames out there which do use art from the game? So it should be fine! Like it should be about as legal as your typical fangame.

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#4 Post by Kinjo »

Ryukishi has stated that fans are allowed to his original sprites for derivative works, but since the PS3/Steam sprites and music are technically not his property he can't say the same for those.

Anyway, this sounds cool. I'll keep an eye on it, not sure if I'll have time to make anything, but I look forward to seeing what happens!