Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:34 am
- Projects: Lethargy of Snow
- itch: sonomi
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 3712
- Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:33 pm
- Projects: A Close Shave
- Location: Medford, MA
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?) http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978
- Posts: 278
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:22 pm
- Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
- Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
- Organization: Sun Labyrinth
- Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
- Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
Also, text games have a history of being more accessible, so be cautious about removing any feature that makes it easier for players with some disability--especially since some people might be playing Ren'Py games because Ren'Py games have a lot of built-in reader- and disability-friendly features like self-voicing, quick-saving and large number of save slots, auto-forward, etc.... I've come to the point where I plan for future games to have a "VN Mode" and some other mode ("Game Mode"?) where I can experiment with more in the way of timed choices, etc..., without inconveniencing somebody.
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:29 pm
- Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!
- itch: janetitor
- Location: Canada
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:48 am
- Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
- Deviantart: sasquatchix
- Soundcloud: sasquatchii
- itch: sasquatchii
- Location: South Carolina
I removed auto scrolling from my first visual novel, simply because I never use it and thought it wouldn't be missed. Fortunately, it is an extremely short and silly game (5 minute playthrough) so it wasn't a big deal to the majority of players.
I now know better and will probably be keeping it for my future VNs.
- Hentai Poofter
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 pm
- Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel
- Location: Philippines
Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]