Any ideas to incentivize a protagonist to play RSP?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
furesshu
Tumblr: furesshu

Re: Any ideas to incentivize a protagonist to play RSP?

#16 Post by furesshu »

You could probably get away with treating it like an overly dramatic sports anime. For example, AKB48 (a Japanese idol group) holds a RPS tournement annually to decide on who gets to be center for their next single (or get a solo debut, which has been what they've offered the past few years). Everybody gets dressed up in wild costumes, and the whole thing has intense narrations. Comedy's definitely the way to go.

Maybe the protagonist finds himself in debt because his close friend got him mixed up into trouble one day, and he needs a lot of money very, very quickly, so he tries to rely on his luck to get him through the competition for the fortune that they promise to the winner? Or something of that sort.

krisslanza

Re: Any ideas to incentivize a protagonist to play RSP?

#17 Post by krisslanza »

Oh wow, funny I find this while searching the forum, because I stumbled upon that project in particular - and by extension the original - and have been trying to find a way to unobscuwhatever the original so I can fix the 1.0 version but... anyway...

Going by the tone of the original, you probably don't have to worry about it nearly as much as you're thinking. It's a light-hearted, silly little romp! You don't really need to have a serious, compelling reason unless the story angle you're going for requires it. I note this thread is a bit old, but I certainly hope you're still working on this project.