Make a own icon for android

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
cdstar99
Regular

Make a own icon for android

#1 Post by cdstar99 »

Hello everybody :D I'am new here.

I am working on game with renpy that will playable on android devices.
My first tests work good.
But I have no idea how to change the renpy icon (mobile) to my own createt icon.
I even replaced the original renpy icon (girl with snake) with my own, but it doesn't work.
May some smart people can help me

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Make a own icon for android

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

An answer for this is in the documentation here: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/android. ... ash-images
There are several special files that are used to set the icon and presplash images used by the package. These files should be placed in the base directory.

android-icon.png
The icon that's used for the app in the Android launcher. This icon is automatically scaled down to the appropriate size, and should be larger that 144x144.
android-density-icon.png
If present, these are used in preference to android-icon.png for screens of the given densities. This allows for pixel-perfect icons. Available screen densities and the corresponding icon sizes are:

ldpi (36x36)
mdpi (48x48)
hdpi (72x72)
xhdpi (96x96)
xxhdpi (144x144)
android-presplash.jpg
The image that's used when the app is loading. This should be surrounded by a monocolored border. That border is expanded to fill the screen.
ouya-icon.png
A 732x412 icon that's used on the OUYA console.

So just add android-icon.png to your project folder and make sure it is the right size like how I've done here:
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

cdstar99
Regular

Re: Make a own icon for android

#3 Post by cdstar99 »

Thank you very much that's works.
Esspecialy the pictures of you help me to see where the files belong to and the information te rename the android- bevor the icon.