Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:06 pm
- Completed: Kinsale Horror, Hug me I'm cold
- Projects: When Night Ends
- Tumblr: rarykos
How do you feel about autoread or just written text that's set to move on to next line and disappear after a certain time, with no input from the player?
There's the option to autoread in many VNs, does anyone actually use it?
I'm making a game and I'm wondering if it's a useful feature or a hindrance. Especially if I make autoread MANDATORY to have a nice dialogue pace.
For me I like to take my time and read at my own pace, but am I alone? I'm scared that if I make timed text people will miss information...
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 530
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
- Completed: Pinewood Island
- Projects: As We Know It, By Moonlight, Possessed[hiatus],
- Organization: Scribble Games
- Tumblr: doodlesatbreakfast
- Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
- itch: scribbles
- Location: Georgia
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1303
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
- Location: Your monitor
I say add it. You can always put a toggle in the settings and people can choose whether they want to use I or not.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users