Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
My idea is basically an online dating simulator that is combined with a visual novel, kind of like Mystic Messenger. I want the player to be able to scroll through a small selection of profiles and be able to choose which person to talk to, whether it be through calls, texts, or a full-on date (visual novel style). Although the game isn't a Mystic Messenger fan-game, you could look at their interface to get a general idea of what I'm looking to do (it won't be exactly like that, but it'll be along those lines).
Could I do something like this is Ren'py? If so, can someone point me towards a few tutorials on how I could make that happen?
If not, what engine would you suggest using?
- Posts: 165
- Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:05 pm
- Completed: Jake's Love Story, NEKOKORO
- Projects: Courage for a Kiss
- Deviantart: mikolajspy
- Location: Wrocław, Poland
Screen language - https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html
You might also want to check imagemaps (I think this could be what you might want) - viewtopic.php?t=22410
I think the problem won't be in interface but making it work.
I mean - jump to correct scenes, store variables where you went with who etc., so more on the logical side of things.
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 am
- Completed: numerous
- Tumblr: godlinegames
- Deviantart: godline-games
- itch: godline
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:21 pm
- Completed: The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
- Projects: The Butler Detective
- Tumblr: katy-133
- Deviantart: Katy133
- itch: katy133
- Location: Canada
Users browsing this forum: No registered users