Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 pm
- Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
- Projects: BL VN
- Deviantart: Lesleigh63
I put out a small linear VN in 2014 but haven't managed to put anything else out since. I did manage some background art for Lads in Distress (so not a total washout). But trying to write a branching VN has been causing me grief (I even had one totally written ~40,000 words and had the characters commissioned and half the backgrounds done; when I decided the plot wasn't working for a branching VN. I've tried returning to it a couple of times to rework the climax but it's just not working, so I'm shelving it again.)
I do have another plot outline done that looks solid to me and I think that will be my project for 2018.
What's your new years project/plans?
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 680
- Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:02 am
- Completed: Colette and Becca
- Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
- Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
- Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
- itch: caveat_lector
- Location: My chair
...By which I mean, finish and publish my projects. And also move my complete one (Colette and Becca) to Steam.
Of course, the former will mean allocating the funds and time and programming to finish up the one, and then have to go through the nightmare of marketing and all that. There's another one that's been kept a tight-secret for some time, and I hope to be able to go public with that one, too...along with the marketing nightmare.
- Ren'Py Creator
- Posts: 15202
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 am
- Completed: Moonlight Walks
- Projects: Ren'Py
- IRC Nick: renpytom
- Github: renpytom
- itch: renpytom
- Location: Kings Park, NY
I'd like to spend some time developing visual novels, rather than Ren'Py itself.
And I'll be getting Ren'Py 7 out the door, as well as work toward a version that supports shaders, 4k, live2d, and python 3.
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom
- Posts: 280
- Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm
- Projects: CrossDol, The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie
- Organization: astellic
- Tumblr: mitoky
I also want to draw more. I want to draw more backgrounds and learn as well to work more with backgrounds in my art overall.
- Posts: 461
- Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 am
- Completed: Wanted: Dragon, Kaitlyn in Chinaland, The Encounter, Paranormal Teens
- Projects: The Sibling Experiment
- Tumblr: godlinegames
- Deviantart: godline-games
- itch: godline
2. MORE NANORENO AND LUDUM DARE!
3. (and stop biting off more than I can chew. haha.)
4. Working with awesome people is a must. <3
- Posts: 160
- Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:05 pm
- Completed: Jake's Love Story
- Projects: NEKOKORO
- Deviantart: mikolajspy
- Location: Wrocław, Poland
I need to draw characters better and finally start creating backgrounds. Maybe learn some Live2D.
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 pm
- Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
- itch: empish
I'd like to improve as a writer and programmer too but those are more intangible goals.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1812
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 pm
- Projects: The Space Between
2. Release something. Anything!
3. Create a development schedule for my projects and create milestones.
4. Stick to milestones.
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:20 pm
- Projects: Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch
- Organization: Reminiscent 64
- Tumblr: Reminiscent64
- Location: Texas
2. Get "Unsound: Minds" demo finished.
If you said yes to any of the above questions, take a look at this:
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 3385
- Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:33 pm
- Projects: A Close Shave
- Location: Medford, MA
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?) http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978
- Posts: 370
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 pm
- Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
- Projects: Brooklyn Idol
- Organization: KONOL Games
We're not talking big money, mostly just stuff like the Steam Direct fee and maybe a little bit toward music (since my current project involves a specific musical genre and the authenticity of the music is a potential selling point). But it still feels weirdly empowering to do even basic spreadsheet math: "OK, if I spend X, how many copies do I have to sell at what price to break even?"
Finishing a game.... Ha! I used to think like that when I was a young whippersnapper.
Now I just settle for finishing the intro
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:28 pm
- Completed: Upon a Darkening Flood
- Projects: Sylvan Disappearance
- Tumblr: rastagong-tearoom
- itch: rastagong
- Making shorter projects!
Projects with around 20k words, 40k words being the absolute maximum.
Long-term projects are great, but it's easy to burn out on them. I'd really like to experiment with different styles, to improve my writing. I'm realising that perfecting One Long Project Which Will Hopefully Be Good is ultimately not as interesting creatively.
- Switching to contemporary settings!
I've been pretty much exclusively dealing with pseudo-Victorian and fairy-tale-like settings since forever, but I'm finally getting an itch to try out very modern, contemporary settings. I find using old-timey settings to be great to deal with certain themes indirectly, but for some reason I'm finally feeling like being more direct.
- Taking & Using my own photographs for photographic BGs!
This one won't happen this year, in all likelihood. That's just an odd dream of mine. I have a few places in mind that I'd love to use for certain story ideas.
- Not burning out, taking it slow!
It's just not worth it! I guess I've been realising how precious and fragile health is? Also it's easy to put a great deal of pressure to succeed in x or y way in this world, but I mean it, it's just not worth killing oneself through work.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:35 am
- Organization: Nativi Digitali Edizioni
- Location: Italy
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 691
- Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:09 pm
- Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
- Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince
-Finishing the demo should be though.
-Come up with a better title, I'm liking v3 better than the previous two names it had but not enough.
-NOT making any new versions of what I made thus far. Especially my MC, we're already 5 versions in...
-Doing a bit more proofreading
-(Optional sidequest:) NaNoRenO?
Want some CC sprites?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users