Who's interested in an RPG/Renai game?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

ARE YOU INTERESTED?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:29 pm

Yeah. go do it!
88%
eh... I'll check it out...
12%
nope.
No votes

Total votes: 17

Labbit

#46 Post by Labbit »

Ok, thanks! I'll start doing CG pictures of those sprites and the other things you said now. n_n

Gloranor
Regular

#47 Post by Gloranor »

@P.W.
That wasn't directed at you in particular, you post just reminded me of it ;-)

@Zeta
Webspace shouldn't be a problem, even if you can't get some, I'm sure Py'Tom could help, and even if he can't for some reason, I still have my drengels.net webspace, where I could easily create a protected directory and some ftp-users for the project.

Plot: I have some base ideas, have to see what I can develop from them. I'll send you a PM if (and when) I got something that is at least somewhat usable, and not completely cliché (so not another godchild-story ;-))

Title: Worktitle "The Ren'Ai RPG Project"? ;-)
Dunno, we should decide for the final name only when the plot, important Characters etc. are solid. After all, most of the time the name is somewhat connected to it.

Labbit

#48 Post by Labbit »

I'm not sure exactly how you want the CG pictures to look on the screen. Like, is it supposed to show the character's whole body or a close up? I drew the Hero, and this is what I'm trying to ask:

I'm sorry I ask so many questions, I just don't want to get this wrong and end up messing up your project. n_n;;;

#49 Post by Guest »

uh... *thinks really hard...* I think I have a use for that, even though it's not exactly what I had in mind originally...

what I originally planned on: the characters & background in one pic (kinda like a colored storyboard image without the arrows and stuff...)

what I think we can do with this: get a background image, trim the excess blank space from the character images, and have the character images appear on top of the background image, thus saving the artists (you [Labbit] and whoever does the backgrounds) a lot of work in the long run (and possibly make it look a bit more professional...)

as far as which pic to use, I'm still deciding on that...

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#50 Post by Megaman Z »

Okay, PW, go ahead and hit me now. (I'm really hating my computer now...)
~Kitsune Zeta

PixelWrangler
Regular

#51 Post by PixelWrangler »

Megaman Z wrote:
PixelWrangler wrote:Just my one-tenth of two-fifths of one-fourth of a fifth of a twenty dollar bill.
1/5 of a twenty is... 20/5... four, one fourth of that is a one, two fifths, fourty cents, a tenth of that is... four cents? usually it's five... (sorry, you presented it as a math problem.)
Rats. You got me. I was actually aiming for "two cents worth", so it should have been 1/5th, not 2/5ths. My mathstake. :P

Good catch.
Megaman Z wrote:anyhow, I already apoligized for that small bit of sarcasm. let me pull up the quote... *scroll, scroll... scroll-scroll-scroll* ah, here it is:
Megaman Z wrote:Labbit>> as PW and others... (snip, snip)

PW>> sorry, I end up assuming everyone who comes here is on their own personal computer. it's a habit... so many people in my area have computers of their own...
And like I said, I'm pretty much over it... still on the boards and offering you advice, right? ;) (scroll, scroll)
PixelWrangler wrote:I'm pretty much over it at this point.
Gloranor wrote:@P.W.
That wasn't directed at you in particular, you post just reminded me of it :wink:
Ah, that's cool. Figured I should clarify anyway, just in case... don't want to come off as some sort of "board nazi". I'm actually fairly easy to get along with... once you get past the MIG launchers, submachine guns, crocodile-infested moat and legions of purple-nurple-giving anime robots, of course. ;) j/k
Guest (MegaMan Z) wrote:uh... *thinks really hard...* <etc>
Megaman Z wrote:Okay, PW, go ahead and hit me now. (I'm really hating my computer now...)
Nah... not really my style (read above). Besides, I'm too busy basking in the irony. ;)

P.W.

P.S. - No MIG Launchers, submachine guns, crocodiles, moats, or anime robots were harmed in the making of this post.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Megaman Z »

PixelWrangler wrote:I'm actually fairly easy to get along with... once you get past the MIG launchers, submachine guns, crocodile-infested moat and legions of purple-nurple-giving anime robots, of course.
uh-oh... (readies that rusty tactical shield again... as well as an arsenal of weapons and weapon mods...)
PixelWrangler wrote:
Guest (MegaMan Z) wrote:uh... *thinks really hard...* <etc>
Megaman Z wrote:Okay, PW, go ahead and hit me now. (I'm really hating my computer now...)
Nah... not really my style (read above). Besides, I'm too busy basking in the irony.
what really makes that ironic is that I was logged in when I was typing the post (quick and easy way to check: look for a "Username" box above [or is it below?] the subject box. if it's there, you are officially a guest.), and appearantly my browser lost the cookie right before I posted... so it got entered in as a guest's post. I still blame it on my computer...
~Kitsune Zeta

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#53 Post by chronoluminaire »

Wow. :shock: Labbit, that is superb. :D OK, my creative urges for the plot have just redoubled...

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, I think I've figured out a more stable plot structure. basically, you play a guy whose "spirit" (or soul) is yanked from his earth body and slammed into another body on a far away planet. this occurs when a girl (who is significant to the storyline) stumbles across your (new) body in an abandoned shrine while running away from pursuers.

also, I think I'll release this game in chapters. (when a chapter is released, you can download it and play it, and when the next one is released, you install it OVER the old one and continue. this allows you to not replay all of the game when a new chapter is released.)

Labbit, I'll have more work for you soon. go ahead and start work on replacement "Battler" images for the existing monsters (and feel free to make your own monsters, too!). use whatever image size you want/need. if nessisary, I'll shrink the size of it. (now that I think of it, where did you get the sprite/battler image to base your art on? do you have a copy of RPG tsukuru XP over there?)

(Hopes that somebody gives the dev team for this project a private area on the forum to discuss this project...)
~Kitsune Zeta

shadosa

plot structure

#55 Post by shadosa »

Wow mega, that is a really good plot scheme. I think I have some animations that could go with something like that (*maybe a prelude or something to explain how he got there but not why*) Any ways Labbit I LOVE your artwork and with that I can do Some cool animations. But the only thing I need is something like I-draw 3 that has more indepth color (*Unless of course you plan on using 8-bit stuff then it's easier with I-Draw 3 *) Just post some more artwork labbit and maybe some animation stuff if you can
darkness is the way of the light. everyone goes to the darkness after awhile. Why not sooner.
The sword waits for no man and no time. I will be bested but not by you and not now
shadosa

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#56 Post by mikey »

chronoluminaire wrote:Wow. :shock: Labbit, that is superb. :D
Pro material, clean clean

So good luck in putting together the team and beginning work! Don't lose focus guys, you have only 45 days left to finish the game! :wink: (alright, so I just made that one up ^_^)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#57 Post by Megaman Z »

mikey wrote:So good luck in putting together the team and beginning work! Don't lose focus guys, you have only 45 days left to finish the game! :wink: (alright, so I just made that one up ^_^)
hopefully, the first part will be released before then (the intro sequence and chapter 1: "101 ways to get thrown in jail" [I made that title up, BTW. it's not final... yet.])

Labbit, check your inbox. I'm sending an art request for the game in there...

[edit: spellchecking...]
Last edited by Megaman Z on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#58 Post by Megaman Z »

the game is coming along slowly... I'm working on fine-tuning the intro and then I'll start work on CH. 1 of the game. when it's done, that'll be the first release.

(42 days left... I think I'll get a release out by then...)
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#59 Post by rioka »

42 days - that would be sometime late May - cool, that ain't so far off! ^_^
Btw, how many chapters in all? Or is it a bit too soon to tell?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by Megaman Z »

hopefully, around six or so, not counting the intro. that way, I can get done with ALL of it this year... but then again, it may be a seemingly-endless game, continually adding chapters and such... (though eventually I'm gonna run out of variable names and ideas... also, I have to have an endboss so that it looks legit. said endboss won't be in the first release, but the code for it will be in later releases if you can hack the file format well enough...)

by the way, how many different endings do you want? around five is what I think I should do, but I can almost always figure out a way to allow another. (don't include premature endings, please. I can figure those out easily. and there will be a couple.)

and that's 42 days until the first release, which is the intro and chapter 1.
~Kitsune Zeta