Who's interested in an RPG/Renai game?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

ARE YOU INTERESTED?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:29 pm

Yeah. go do it!
88%
eh... I'll check it out...
12%
nope.
No votes

Total votes: 17

clubanimon
Regular

#61 Post by clubanimon »

I must say, i'm really looking forward to your first release.
for one, i've become quite a fan of Labbit art work.
And two, i love Rpgs and a game i'm playing would be both RPG and still have a Ren ai aspect. So seeing this would be a great, how to put it, insperation? module? Somthing among those lines.
Also just that its going to be a long endever really interestes me.

I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#62 Post by Megaman Z »

clubanimon wrote:I must say, i'm really looking forward to your first release.
for one, i've become quite a fan of Labbit art work.
And two, i love Rpgs and a game i'm playing would be both RPG and still have a Ren ai aspect. So seeing this would be a great, how to put it, insperation? module? Somthing among those lines.
Also just that its going to be a long endever really interestes me.

I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see!
shouldn't that be "model"? Sorry, I just catch these things. must be how ADHD affects me :? ...

anyhow, I finished the intro sequence just now, so now on to chapter 1. speaking of Labbit, I PM'd him(her?) wondering where s/he went off to... I haven't seen anything from him(her?) recently...

character roster so far...
Alice: the first character you control.
[Player-named male, default: "Zeta"]: the guy that saves Alice's butt in the first fight against a pair of... ah, just read one of my old posts here
(I suggest saving before you examine the unconcious body... it's possible to die in two rounds, and {Zeta} doesn't show up until round 3. just a spoiler)
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#63 Post by mikey »

*remembers saying*
mikey wrote:Don't lose focus guys, you have only 45 days left to finish the game!
*later...*
Megaman Z wrote:and that's 42 days until the first release, which is the intro and chapter 1.
Huh??? *wonders*
This thing actually works?
*thinks*
:twisted:

Blue Lemma >> You have 28 days to finish Metro Blues!
BlackSpider >> You have 57 days to finish Town Heat!
eclipse >> You have 36 days to finish Shadowfall!
:twisted: :twisted:

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Megaman Z »

mikey wrote:*remembers saying*
mikey wrote:Don't lose focus guys, you have only 45 days left to finish the game!
*later...*
Megaman Z wrote:and that's 42 days until the first release, which is the intro and chapter 1.
Huh??? *wonders*
This thing actually works?
*thinks*
:twisted:

Blue Lemma >> You have 28 days to finish Metro Blues!
BlackSpider >> You have 57 days to finish Town Heat!
eclipse >> You have 36 days to finish Shadowfall!
:twisted: :twisted:
actually, I needed a deadline to work with. it may work, but you need to find the official thread (if it exists) and post it there. and it's been a while since BL posted...
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#65 Post by rioka »

Nice try mikey! ;D
Shadowfall is definitely coming out sometime near the end of this year as stated in the Expected Release Date and no earlier.

Grey
Veteran

#66 Post by Grey »

Heh, I've snuck out of a deadline then :roll:

Probably a good thing, since the amount of motivation I have to actually do the work to finish Heikou off is dropping scarily every day :?

(But fear ye not, it should really get done before the months end, even if not as soon as I hope >_< )

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#67 Post by mikey »

Yeah, I can imagine motivation dropping rapidly without NaNoRenO. That thing sort of carries you. Anyway, looking forward, so don't give up!

(a bit off topic here ^_^)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by Megaman Z »

looking at the project so far, I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and give this one an ESRB-style rating of T (bordering on M) due to language, violence, and romantic themes. (don't ask why, but that always seems to be a factor in deciding ratings on games...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, Labbit's still doing artwork. (he hasn't left the team yet). however... I believe I am in need of a pixel wrangler... you see, I tried to do a bit of spritework and... well... I kinda... suck. (There! I said it. somebody keep darkknight away from me, please!) if somebody will volenteer, I'll PM you with an image of the first character that needs work...
*proceeds to pray to Kamisama that somebody can/will volenteer that is capable of doing it.*
~Kitsune Zeta

Eiji
Regular

#70 Post by Eiji »

fuinny I didnt notice this thread earlier...
but the renai idea I had would have been something like this...
kind of a blend of Final Fantasy/Myst with Renai elements..
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Megaman Z »

(in a PM to me) ChronoLuminaire wrote:
Megaman Z wrote:okay, Labbit's still doing artwork. (he hasn't left the team yet).
Isn't Labbit a she? o.O;;
yeah, Chrono, it's true: it's a "he". (he sure had me fooled a bit with the name and image...) I asked Labbit about whether to call him a he, she, or an it. (mainly because I didn't want to keep typing "s/he" and "him(her?)" all the time...) and he told me to go ahead and refer to him as "he" (as far as using pronouns go...) anyhow, back on-topic.

Eiji>>if you can code it, feel free to do something along that line. just forge your own "official thread" for the project when there's reasonable progress (around 20% in most cases, though I think Binki started her[his? pretty sure it's a her.] project thread at maybe 5%, but it was for NaNoRenO, and... well, her brother [nuke*]ed the project files, so it's currently history... sad story, because I was somewhat looking forward to it... :cry: )

nobody seems to have volenteered for the sprite artist job yet...

*- wanted to say something else, but this is supposed to be somewhat kid-friendly, so... you get the picture...

here's a bit more artwork to keep you drooling... a bit... in some cases... (insert scapegoat here)...
picture of Alice, as drawn by labbit...

and...

picture of what will be the electrical elemental girl (once somebody does a sprite of her...)

(as soon as I can get a photobucket account, screenshots will start coming up...)
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#72 Post by bookie »

This art is making me more interested in your game than mine! T_T

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by Megaman Z »

bookie wrote:This art is making me more interested in your game than mine! T_T
just wait till I get screenshots up...
~Kitsune Zeta

Cazel
Regular

#74 Post by Cazel »

Mmmm... Labbit drawings. Megaman, you had better not let him escape.

As for spriting, I doubt I could possibly be any better than you, but if no one else volunteers I'd be willing to try.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by Megaman Z »

Cazel wrote:Mmmm... Labbit drawings. Megaman, you had better not let him escape.

As for spriting, I doubt I could possibly be any better than you, but if no one else volunteers I'd be willing to try.
if you have ANY artistical skills, you'll probably fare better than me. just send me a sample sprite image (preferably with the image formatted for RPGXP, as I don't have RPG tsukuru 2003 on hand...)
~Kitsune Zeta