In Honor Of Princess Maker 4...

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#46 Post by mikey »

I can understand that, especially as you are in a different position because people pay you. It's always the same with new releases, it's that moment of decision, when it leaves the safety of your computer, the insecurity... wait... I don't think I'm helping here... :?
papillon wrote: Suddenly I don't know what to do with my time.

Housework is the perfect solution! :twisted:
papillon wrote: And I'm still trying to negotiate with people over publishing deals, because I'd *like* to get a retail version of this out someday....

Well, best of luck with it. I kind of think this is your best game, it has charisma and may (or is, rather) actually the first raising game in English if I'm not mistaken. It certainly has a lot of popularity potential, it's obviously gender-neutral and it has that caring-for-your-character appeal, so I think you're doing the right thing with this game.

Anyway, you MUST have thought about this as an option - a sequel. Refined gameplay, bigger, better etc... Are there any plans?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#47 Post by monele »

I really like the little work animations X3. Still trying out the demo :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#48 Post by papillon »

What? A sequel? ALREADY? :) *faints*

I think I have too many NEW ideas in general to want to sequelise anything unless it was an amazing smash runaway hit and people were begging for it.

I've got a stack of graphics for a visual novel where I sort of got carried away and drew the characters without having come up with a plot first and now have no idea what the story was supposed to be... bit of an oops... don't know if that will ever get finished. That was always meant to be a short free game, but it still needs SOME kind of story!

I have two Really Cool ideas for games crossing anime-romance with other weird genres (one of which is half space trader, one of which is half mystery/adventure).

I have some nifty but really unlikely ideas including a child-raising sim set in the American 1980's and with educational content (Help her with realistic homework while dealing with actual news events of the time!) and a Pokegirls H-RPG (would be fun, but I can't do the art! Also, I don't have enough hentai market-share to sell it really.)...

I have an old engine for the beginning of an Idol Singer game that I got tired of while trying to source artwork...

I have a handful of notes for a Charm School sequel that I'm *certain* I'll never do (crossing training with a five-PC Castlevania-style platformer game. Great idea. I would make a total mess of it.)

.... I think I'll go sit down now.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#49 Post by musical74 »

*revives papillon*

Regarding your idea to cross anime-romance with the others...is this just a really neat idea in your head or have you started working on these? I REALLY like the idea of a anime-romance-mystery game...how feasible is it to make a game like that?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#50 Post by papillon »

I've started talking out the plot for that game with people, but no code has been done. There will probably be a huge delay before I make anything new (unless I finish that little freeware thing) because I want to move to a cross-platform codebase, so there's going to be a learning curve while I first get the hang of a new system, THEN recreate my visual novel code on it, THEN manage to splice other games on top of that. :)

And my husband kinda wants me to get a job instead.

So it's not going to happen any time soon.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#51 Post by papillon »

Quick notes:

1. I am once again fooling around with a short freeware visual-novel type idea. As always, I can't guarantee it will be finished, but you *might* see something out of me by Thanksgiving (the US one).

2. Princess Maker and Kishi Kawaii are full of hidden secrets. There are special events that only happen on certain dates, and so on. Well, one of those dates in KK is Halloween - and therefore in honor of Halloween I've made my own "special event", a $5 coupon towards the purchase of the game. :) Buy the game on Halloween and use the discount code QCY000F6 on the order form to get $5 off.

3. I am really really sleepy. I don't know why I'm telling you that, though. :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#52 Post by rioka »

papillon wrote:1. I am once again fooling around with a short freeware visual-novel type idea. As always, I can't guarantee it will be finished, but you *might* see something out of me by Thanksgiving (the US one).
Woohoo! Btw, any chance of you joining us in the upcoming NaNoRenO/IntRenAiMo next year? :D