Who wants to be on a Let's Play?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Who wants to be on a Let's Play?

#1 Post by Empish »

So I'm Emp. If you don't know me, my ego is crushed. Or something. Anyway, I have a youtube channel with a modest but nice following, specializing in Ren'Py tutorials. You can find it here.

HOWEVER

I feel that there's not nearly enough people who do Let's Plays of VNs, especially ones in English. Being a dev myself, who also reads English, I've often wished for help with publicity. Now that I actually have an audience, I've realized I can give back to the community by giving devs a boost in visibility. Disclaimer: I can't make you famous like DDLC. I'm sorry. u_u

Anywho, the point of this utterly rambling thread is that I've freshly begun doing Let's Plays on my channel. And though I already have a backlog, I'm looking to line up some more VNs to "discover."

SFW VNS ONLY PLEASE

Anyway, if you're interested in having your completed Visual Novel, demo, or other form of story-driven game featured on a LP, fill out the form below as either a reply or PM. My tastes are wide and varied for genre, and I don't mind violence, language or psychological horror. As far as pairings goes, I'm open to anything, including no romance at all, as long as there's no explicitly NSFW erotic scenes. I'm far more interested in the quality of the story and gameplay. Those of you who know me know I'm a Ren'Py fangirl, so I can't promise I won't favor games made with it just a bit. Feel free to also recommend someone else's game if you think I'd enjoy it.

Game Name:
Paid or Free:
Demo or Full Game:
Where can I get it?:
Genre:
# of playthroughs you'd recommend:
Average playthrough time:
Your relationship to the game:
Why would you recommend this game?:
Any warnings I should give to viewers before playing?:
(If a dev) Would you be willing to do a joint commentary playthrough?:

Thanks for reading! I will try to get to as many recommendations as possible. I don't have any plans to stop doing LPs for as long as I still actively record at all.

Currently playing LPs: Pairs, Enigma

LP Queue: Beneath a Broken Mirror, Lionheart, TWBU, Minion!, Computer Art Club, Jake's Love Story
Last edited by Empish on Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikolajspy
Regular
Completed: Too many, check signature
Deviantart: mikolajspy

Re: Who wants to be on a Let's Play?

#2 Post by mikolajspy »

Great iniciative! Thanks for posting this, I've been struggling to find some good let's players who show VNs :D

Game Name: Jake's Love Story
Paid or Free: Paid ($2.99)
Demo or Full Game: Full
Where can I get it?: https://store.steampowered.com/app/6990 ... ove_Story/
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Slice-of-life.
# of playthroughs you'd recommend: At least two, choosing way different options.
Average playthrough time: ~1 hour of one playtrough, but with other endings and alternative scenes can be more.
Your relationship to the game: Developer, designer, writer, director, character artist, additional music.
Why would you recommend this game?: It's a funny, lighthearted story. Currently it has positive reviews on Steam, other YouTubers also seem to enjoy it.
Any warnings I should give to viewers before playing?: It's my first game on low budget, so don't expect quality as high as games from big companies.
(If a dev) Would you be willing to do a joint commentary playthrough?: I'm not native English speaker, so probably not.
Additional notes: There is one scene for a fanservice, like commonly in anime. Game created in Ren'Py.

Empish
Veteran

#3 Post by Empish »

Sweet, I've gotten some more good materials now. I'm looking forward to playing all of these.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#4 Post by Aviala »

Hey there! If you're still open for more games, I have one for you!

Game Name: Your Royal Gayness
Paid or Free: Paid, but PM me for a free press copy
Demo or Full Game: Full game
Where can I get it?: Steam or Itch.io
Genre: Simulation, Management, Story-Driven, Humor, Romance
# of playthroughs you'd recommend: 1-3; there are 3 main endings, neutral, tyrant and altruist
Average playthrough time: Probably around 2 hours for the average player, but much more if you're reading stuff out loud
Your relationship to the game: Project lead, did lots of stuff for the game like some of the character sprites, writing, game design, coding, etc etc
Why would you recommend this game?: It's funny and charming, and it's a little different than most VN's due to it's fairytale-esque art style and randomization structure where there are daily events that are partially randomized; the love interests etc are also randomized. It's made with Ren'Py.
Any warnings I should give to viewers before playing?: The game contains depictions of homophobia
(If a dev) Would you be willing to do a joint commentary playthrough?: Yes, I'm not a native english speaker but I'm fairly fluent so it should be possible. I don't have a good recording setup tho?

Empish
Veteran

#5 Post by Empish »

Alright, this sounds like a good one. I'll add it to my list and pm you about the free copy when I get a few things out of my backlog. xD

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#6 Post by Mammon »

Well, I may as well put it on the list. There's no need for any rush because this is from NaNo17 and the hype around it is long gone, but that doesn't mean that I don't want S&Y to get some more love. I do believe it lends itself well for a letsplay because it's length-appropriate and with the twists spread throughout enough for you to have a moment to react to in every video.

Game Name: Stalker&Yandere
Paid or Free: Free
Demo or Full Game: Full game
Where can I get it?: https://mammon.itch.io/stalkeryandere
Genre: [psychological horror] [yandere]

# of playthroughs you'd recommend: That's all up to you. One, the non-hidden ones or all of them. I'd say that those three are the recommendable ones, all three good closing off points for a let's play.
Average playthrough time: Anywhere between 30 minutes and 2.5 hours I'd say, depending on the choice you made above and your pace.
Your relationship to the game: Writer & project leader
Why would you recommend this game?: A good pace and length for a let's play, yandere's sell and the only one of my works I can recommend thus far. Pervert&Yandere is better, but looks so much worse and is too long to really recommend for a let's play.
Any warnings I should give to viewers before playing?: Psychological horror, there have been comments about people saying they were creeped out or put on edge while reading it because of the tension. No one who said it was too scary as a complaint, but still something to warn people about.
(If a dev) Would you be willing to do a joint commentary playthrough?: Unfortunately I do not have the equipment for it. Nope, not even a simple microphone. I can help with questions between episodes, but unfortunately I cannot record my voice even assuming I'm available during your streaming time.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?