Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Our current artist will draw up to implied nudity and the art would be inconsistent if we hired a second artist for those specific scenes. We will still have the smut scenes narrated in full detail.
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:29 pm
- Completed: No Other Medicine
- Tumblr: parttimestorier
- itch: janetitor
- Location: Canada
- Arbiter of the Internets
- Posts: 3937
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 am
- Completed: lots; see website!
- Projects: that magical diary sequel, that vampire-raising game
- Organization: Hanako Games
- Tumblr: hanakogames
However, if you're calling the game 18+, people will expect hentai. If you're only describing it and not showing it, I think a lot of the audience will be disappointed. While there is an audience for text-only erotica, you'd be up against a clash of expectations.
- Jackkel Dragon
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 pm
- Projects: CPD2 series, EA, BN
- Organization: Team Despair, Nightshade
- Location: USA
That said, if you advertise the game as "18+" or as an eroge, then it will be expected to have at least some nudity. Especially in the latter case, where the label is pretty much there to mean "come here to see naked people".
To hijack a bit, I'm now curious about the reverse: a game that features sex scenes that isn't meant to be an eroge. Such a game would need to be marked with "adult content" as a warning label, so would that encourage the assumption that the game is an eroge? Is there any way to denote that a game is marked as "adult" as a warning against underage players, not as a marketing label for a hentai-focused work?
- Eldritch Academy: A Romance/Paranormal Thriller Visual Novel about a Japanese boarding school's dark secret. (Lemmasoft) [Nightshade]
- Blooming Nightshade: A lighthearted Romance Visual Novel set at the school from Eldritch Academy. (itch.io) [Nightshade]
- Novels and short stories. (Shireishi, Those That Linger: GhostSense, and more) (Tumblr) [Nightshade]
- Corpse Party D2: A series of RPG Maker and Ren'Py fangames based on CORPSE-PARTY's D-2 ending. (Tumblr) [Team Despair]