I've got a bunch of unfinished projects *with video evidence

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

I've got a bunch of unfinished projects *with video evidence

#1 Post by cedes »

Hey guys! I'm sad to say I might have to take a break from Ren'py for a bit. I'm barely active on here, but I do stop by and lurk some haha. I'm very sad, as I've had to get my computer fixed and completely wiped clean, and lost all of my Ren'py code from the past few years! It's so horrid, it's noting full scale or anything but it's still very disheartening, and yes, totally my fault haha. Anyhow, I'm taking a break to focus on other things, but recently I went through my projects and recorded a few of the unfinished projects, anyone wanna take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUh2DAyTF8U

I've got a lot of memories, and some pretty bad cringing remembering the code I've done for them. I used some of the cookbook from the advanced things like the relationship panels and inventory and some random stock pictures for backgrounds, but everything else I've done myself! Terrible slow battle scenes and actually pretty cool dress up engine. It's all a labor of love, and I suppose I just wanted someone to see some snippets haha! Anyone else have a bunch of unused wip projects that have yet to see the light of day?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: I've got a bunch of unfinished projects *with video evidence

#2 Post by Donmai »

Nice video. I'm sorry you have lost all that stuff, but I have no doubt you had a good time working on them and you have surely learned a lot.
Currently, I have no less than sixteen projects started/suspended/in development. The reason for so many projects is that I'm an apprentice, and each project gives me the chance to test something new (from time to time I even finish one of those projects :lol: ). Yes, I have to take good care of my machine and my backups because with so many projects in progress I can't find the time to make a video. :)
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: I've got a bunch of unfinished projects *with video evidence

#3 Post by Godline »

Why not put your unfinished projects out there for others to complete?

I put up an unfinished script which qualified badger ended up creating this work of wonderful art with:
https://qualifiedbadger.itch.io/yum-yum-dating-show

I'd probably be willing to take up the mantle of unfinished projects and I'm sure that there might be others interested too.