Fox Trot -Front Updated 4/26

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
clubanimon
Regular

Fox Trot -Front Updated 4/26

#1 Post by clubanimon »

hee hee, i'm a little nervus to post this here since this is my first game.
I have around 30% done i thought it be good to finnaly post about it.

Started April 14th 2005 at 3:00pm est

Fox Trot Status 75%

Characters: 45%
I'm much happier so far, and i'm doing the coloring dark to fit with the nigh setting better.

Backgrounds: 100%
Whoo hoo, all backrounds made!

Planning/Story: 100%
This was the easy part! ^.^ then again its a cheesy lil story...

Writing: 100%
Yay!

Coding: 90%
All thats left is music and sound effects that i have to find

Testing: 60%
debug is going well still need to finish some images

Music: 0%
stupid music...

About
About is a bit harder to say. Its not a Date Sim in any mannor. Rather its more just a VN. I wanted somthing easy for my first game.
(after i was yelled at that is.)

Basicly as your walking down a path one night you get barraled over by a 'fox' after waking up a man asks you to help find the 'fox' Only problem is the 'fox' really doesn't want to be found.

Another thing is that its a all male cast, why? I like boys...
But its not that hard to think of the 'fox' as a girl, if you really wanted to that is.

Rating: Um i'd give it a 13+ just do to some light swearing.
Last edited by clubanimon on Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

omg.... that looks SO much like a spinoff title to the "Foxtaile" game we're working at... ^_^ if we can somehow create a link between both titles, I'm beginning to think we should.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

bookie
Veteran

Re: Fox Trot offical thread

#3 Post by bookie »

clubanimon wrote:(after i was yelled at that is.)
=x

ehehehe. Good luck finishing this one up, since you have a 600% better chance of getting it done now. That pic looks good so I'll be stalking your progress.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Taleweaver wrote:omg.... that looks SO much like a spinoff title to the "Foxtaile" game we're working at... ^_^ .
Hmmm, working at the game that was put on hold, eh? :wink: Nice idea with a link though.
clubanimon wrote:Writing: 45%
first 3 scenes done out of what i expect to be 8 or 9
I havn't touched the 4 endings yet but i know what i need to do
if you have 9 scenes and 4 endings and you've done 3 scenes, that's only 20% :(

Oh, but don't mind me, I'm just not really a friend of percentages - you know best how far along you are.

Another boys story... you girls want to establish the equilibrium at all costs don't you? :P

clubanimon
Regular

#5 Post by clubanimon »

No i stick by the 45%, the scenes i have done are the longest or at least 35%. Stupid math...
The rest of them will be much easier to write as well. i should have the rest of the writing done by tomarow.

As for boys only...girls are harder to draw ;_;

As for 'Foxtaile' ah...i hadn't heard about it at all ^^; making a link might be interesting though, if i knew anything about it I could. Is it a game your working on or is it on hold?

Grah coding is hard, i keep seeing the same error over and over even after i fix things... *chews code* but i shall prevale!

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#6 Post by Sai »

Oh my gosh o_O! A fox-boy! Fantastic!
I love foxes (my favourite wild animal) and I love hybrids. And I'm a girl so it being boy characters is fine by me. There needs to be more games with boy characters in my opinion =D
Keep up the great work =)

bookie
Veteran

#7 Post by bookie »

mikey wrote:Another boys story... you girls want to establish the equilibrium at all costs don't you? :P
ehehehe don't go telling that to people or they might believe it, and then we'll be found out.

And yeah, girls /are/ harder to draw. They have more...varied proportions.

clubanimon
Regular

#8 Post by clubanimon »

bookie wrote:
mikey wrote:Another boys story... you girls want to establish the equilibrium at all costs don't you? :P
ehehehe don't go telling that to people or they might believe it, and then we'll be found out.

And yeah, girls /are/ harder to draw. They have more...varied proportions.
Shhhhh!! they'll find out about the yaoi hostile take over :wink:

I think i finnaly foudn otu whats wrong with my code.

I was using indents rather then spaces. :sigh: so many indents to change.

clubanimon
Regular

#9 Post by clubanimon »

i was hoping i could get some feedback on this character vs backround.

i've never really been any good at backrounds so i'm hoping they don't clash to badly.
The backround is orginal, not a photo manipultation obviously.

Cazel
Regular

#10 Post by Cazel »

Since I have very little artistic talent, I'm probably not the best one to comment, but... well, it may be just me but I don't think the lighting on your character really works with the night background. The actual physical location seems fine to me. Perhaps someone with a better aethestic sense could provide a more detailed critique?

Labbit

#11 Post by Labbit »

Well, I already told you, I like it. n_n And it's a cute character design too. I don't see anything wrong with it.

And you need to have yaoi in the game. @@

clubanimon
Regular

#12 Post by clubanimon »

as for yaoi...well it depends on how you look at the story. Its a all male cast (execpt with player with can be either gender)

The fox is a pet. I leave it to you to decifer what kind of pet >>;;

I can't be blamed for ecchi minds...

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#13 Post by Taleweaver »

As for 'Foxtaile' ah...i hadn't heard about it at all ^^; making a link might be interesting though, if i knew anything about it I could. Is it a game your working on or is it on hold?
We are currently working on it... in fact, EsperKnight and eclipse are currently working at te final touches for the (still rather linear) demo. The writing for the entire game is around 50% complete. No sound and music yet, though I'm keeping my eyes open.
More about me in my blog

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#14 Post by mikey »

That's good news TW! And well, for a demo, you don't really need music yet I'd say.(a little off-topic, how's MB coming along? It's way overdue, and if I'm already getting frustrated, it has to bug you as well... wouldn't it be better to just take the characters, music and script and do it in Ren'Py? Sorry BL, but it's mid april! Waaaa! :( )

clubanimon >> Of course the BG/Chara don't clash! It looks very nice - I like the brown/orange combination and the character art is nice as well. It should be a very good game, and well, I guess us guys we'll just have to get used to the new wave of boy-games (*puts on helmet and hides behind barricade*) But the battle is far from over! No really, it's great. We should have a great summer ^_^

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#15 Post by Taleweaver »

Mikey... if I had the time and skill to do it in Ren'Py, I'd do it myself. Unfortunately, I am currently lacking time severely; both time to learn how to DO Ren'Py (and yes, I've tried it intuitively, and I just can't get the graphics implemented and I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I don't have the time to look for what I did wrong which is what I already said and the stuff in these brackets is getting way too long now) and time to work at the script for "Foxtaile". What I COULD do is give the script, art and sound files to someone else but BL and have someone else complete the game in Ren'Py, but this is something I WON'T do, simply because BL already devoted quite a bit of his time to the project and I will not decide that this was a complete waste of time on my own. Period.

As BL always tells me: "MetroBlues will be done when it's done."
More about me in my blog