Tool for Contractual Agreements

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Tool for Contractual Agreements

#1 Post by Morhighan »

When it comes to freelancing for games, I like to play it safe and have a written agreement between myself (contractor) and whoever is hiring me. I find that having a written agreement with clear language goes a long way to keep everyone on the same page and prevent any damages or dishonesty (intended or not).
I used to use Bonsai, but since their services have gone premium I found myself looking for a new tool to draft up written agreements so I wouldn't have to do so manually.
I stumbled upon contract() (pronounced "do contract") yesterday and was pretty thrilled to find it. While it isn't a legal advice generator, it is a tool that helps users set the project expectations in a format that is in plain language, avoiding "legalese" confusions. Even better, it is specifically designed for use by game developers.

contract() is by the folks who made other generators/tools for game developers, which I also find incredibly helpful, so I wanted to share it here for anyone else who might need it. toolkit() includes the contract tool, as well as a presskit and press list distribution tool.

I hope some of you can find this helpful as well! :)

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: Tool for Contractual Agreements

#2 Post by Red-Baby »

I've been looking all over for this. Thanks for the link!
I'll probably be using this for my next game.