A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Offworlder
Regular

#1 Post by Offworlder »

[Removed]
Last edited by Offworlder on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: "Help! Please!": A unique visual novel that connects with the real world!

#2 Post by Aviala »

This sounds like a lot of fun! I love games that have a real world aspect, like ARG's and stuff. What kind of art needs do you have for the project? I'm super busy with my own project but depending on what you need I might be able to help out a little bit. :)

Offworlder
Regular

#3 Post by Offworlder »

I'm really glad the idea appeals to you! I know it's a fairly unusual concept, at least compared to the types of games more commonly seen around these parts. It seriously means a ton to me that you would offer to help out, especially since I'm a big fan of your artwork!

I've been thinking about the best way to approach this project, and my current conclusion is that I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself. I should probably start with a prototype and utilize placeholder artwork/graphics while I figure everything out. That way, I can have a complete list of all assets I'll need for the final product when the time comes.

Might I ask what you're currently working on? If you have a thread, I'd love to check it out!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#4 Post by Aviala »

I think it's a good idea to build a prototype using placeholder assets -- you'll know for sure that the project is viable before investing too much time or money into the assets.

I'm always surprised when someone actually knows me or my artwork so it means a lot to me that you like it :) I'm currently working on a game with the working title "Villain Dating Simulator" but it doesn't have a thread here yet. The goal is to finish some kind of a prototype by March so I'll probably have more to show in a couple of months.

I'm interested to see how your project goes so feel free to message me if you have any news or want feedback or help. This is something I could set up for my friends for like a birthday party or something and I think they'd enjoy it. Actually, now that I think of it, it might be worth it to include some puzzles that 2 or more people can work on at the same time/together because this would be a fun thing to do as a group. You could even do 2 "modes", 1 player mode and "multiplayer" mode. That'd mean some extra work tho, so I think just making some of the puzzles stuff people can solve together would be fine -- like riddles for example.