got any ideas?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
tylerthekitsune
Regular

got any ideas?

#1 Post by tylerthekitsune »

i can't think of a good game idea sadly. does anyone have a game idea that has one of the followings:
anthromorphics/furry
animal transformations
lycans(werewolves,etc)
maids
jack thompson
4kids
p.s. keep in mind that i want my ideas PG-13. nothing to do with hentai.
thank you for your support. i'm just having writers block.
Last edited by tylerthekitsune on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: got any ideas?

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

After witnessing the collapse of his political career, Jack Thompson wanders the streets, an empty husk of his former self. One day, after getting beat up by a bunch of kids who rob him of his last penny (Thompson has become so poverty stricken that the kids no longer even recognize him and they call him a "worthless hobo"), he collapses in a dark alleyway. At the last second of his life, a mysterious creature appears and gives him the power of lycanthropy. He rises, now armed with the power of the full moon, and howls into the night sky. Scenes of his former life flash by his mind... "I was so naive..." he murmurs. "There is nothing more in this world than bloodshed and violence!" He leaps from where he stands using his newly found super strength and lands on top of a nearby sky scraper. "Well... If this world desires violence, then I shall give it to them!" he laughs maniacally, declaring war on the entire world that had so abandoned him.

Meanwhile, in the executive office of 4Kids Entertainment, a trio of dark faced CEOs are watching WereThompson's declaration from secret cameras. One of them declares that he has become a threat to global security and must be put to an end. The others agree and they unleash their secret weapon: The Combat Meido Squad!

Who will win in this epic show down!? Will WereThompson be able to get his vengeance on the world? Or will the forces of moe Meido Squad prevail!?

tylerthekitsune
Regular

#3 Post by tylerthekitsune »

i shouldn't have mentioned jack thompson. although the game will be a phoneix wright parody were he sues all the video game characters. well that would be funny.

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#4 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

How about this: a story in which the main character is a moe bounty hunter that was just given an assignment to hunt down a werewolf suspected to be associated with a castle, and so decides to infiltrate the castle by getting hired as one of the maids.

Then if you want the other two included, it could turn out that the family that owns the castle actually turn into completely random animals when the moon is full, including one whose blood is distant from whatever ancient source caused this that she only partially turns.
"I know that I have blood on me. I know because I see it here. the things i've done are not to be condoned nor praised."
-Aiya, daughter of Raik II
Castle of Arhannia- slowly progressing. script 60% art 5% music 0% minigame 90%

pinkmouse
Regular
Projects: A renpy beginner - test projects only atm

#5 Post by pinkmouse »

tylerthekitsune wrote:i can't think of a good game idea sadly. does anyone have a game idea that has one of the followings:
anthromorphics/furry
animal transformations
lycans(werewolves,etc)
maids
jack thompson
4kids
p.s. keep in mind that i want my ideas PG-13. nothing to do with hentai.
thank you for your support. i'm just having writers block.

I'm afraid you're on your own with Jack Thompson, since I don't know who he is. :D
I'm not clear on why you specify "Maids" rather than servants in general. Maid costumes seem to me 100% hentai. But maybe I'm just a pervert. :roll:

Still, it's often useful to have your protagonist as something low-status like a servant, because that makes it easy to set up obstacles for them to overcome. (Otherwise if they're Lord High Muck-a-muck then they just wave a hand and say "make it so" and the story's over, basically.)

Anyway, in the hope of getting your storytelling juices flowing, here's some questions to ponder:

What are you interested in telling a story about? I mean what's the theme? Injustice? Beauty vs appearance? Cooperation despite differing needs? (forbidden?) love? The importance of diversity? The necessary cruelty of power? (You might change your mind a bit while you're noodling over the other questions, but in the end, pick ONE and then make the incidents all relate to that issue.)

In your world, is there a real distinction between a "furry" and a "werewolf", except humans' fear? Is that justified? Are these different species, or is transformation possible/common in your world?

If transformation is possible (from human to either furry or monster) is that regarded as a transfiguration, or degeneration? Does it happen during a person's lifetime, or is it a genetic pre-birth thing?

How big is your story world? Who's in charge? How do they stay in charge?

Now give your protagonist a relevant problem to try to solve.

Good luck!

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#6 Post by Coatl »

Samu-kun wrote:After witnessing the collapse of his political career, Jack Thompson wanders the streets, an empty husk of his former self. One day, after getting beat up by a bunch of kids who rob him of his last penny (Thompson has become so poverty stricken that the kids no longer even recognize him and they call him a "worthless hobo"), he collapses in a dark alleyway. At the last second of his life, a mysterious creature appears and gives him the power of lycanthropy. He rises, now armed with the power of the full moon, and howls into the night sky. Scenes of his former life flash by his mind... "I was so naive..." he murmurs. "There is nothing more in this world than bloodshed and violence!" He leaps from where he stands using his newly found super strength and lands on top of a nearby sky scraper. "Well... If this world desires violence, then I shall give it to them!" he laughs maniacally, declaring war on the entire world that had so abandoned him.

Meanwhile, in the executive office of 4Kids Entertainment, a trio of dark faced CEOs are watching WereThompson's declaration from secret cameras. One of them declares that he has become a threat to global security and must be put to an end. The others agree and they unleash their secret weapon: The Combat Meido Squad!

Who will win in this epic show down!? Will WereThompson be able to get his vengeance on the world? Or will the forces of moe Meido Squad prevail!?
I'd play this game if Johnson is equipped with Fatalities

sapphi~

#7 Post by sapphi~ »

You could go the slice-of-life route (IE life with pets, except obviously pets that take human form), or the fantasy route, or the science fiction route. Those are the major categories that come to my mind.

Right now, my project is actually a game that involves catgirls/doggirls AND maids (not to mention a ton of other stuff, lol)... and is slice-of-life/science fiction. Those two seem to work well. It won't be hentai either =)

Honestly, I don't want to give you too many ideas because they might end up being too similar to the ideas I'm using for my own game, but you could always do some kind of Kagome/Inuyasha scenario with your furry characters dropping in on a normal person from an alternate dimension... or alien furries... or maybe escaped lab rats?

uluuu
Regular
Projects: Half Past Never

#8 Post by uluuu »

Sites like this one can be helpful for getting ideas.

Ikka

#9 Post by Ikka »

Samu-kun wrote:After witnessing the collapse of his political career, Jack Thompson wanders the streets, an empty husk of his former self. One day, after getting beat up by a bunch of kids who rob him of his last penny (Thompson has become so poverty stricken that the kids no longer even recognize him and they call him a "worthless hobo"), he collapses in a dark alleyway. At the last second of his life, a mysterious creature appears and gives him the power of lycanthropy. He rises, now armed with the power of the full moon, and howls into the night sky. Scenes of his former life flash by his mind... "I was so naive..." he murmurs. "There is nothing more in this world than bloodshed and violence!" He leaps from where he stands using his newly found super strength and lands on top of a nearby sky scraper. "Well... If this world desires violence, then I shall give it to them!" he laughs maniacally, declaring war on the entire world that had so abandoned him.

LOL I laughed so much!! XD