finding collaborators

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
somni

finding collaborators

#1 Post by somni »

I'm looking for collaborators to make a short demo game. (I code and do art but I want to work with a writer and another artist)

Are there any other places like this forum where I can find people to work with?

This one is probably the most active I've found regarding VNs...
but I think NaNoReNo is keeping everyone busy.

Mutive
Veteran
Completed: Eidolon, Minion!, Love Furever, Epilogue

Re: finding collaborators

#2 Post by Mutive »

I'm sure there are other places than this forum, but this isn't a bad place to start, either. :)

I would probably encourage posting a description of more or less what you want to do + maybe some samples of art/programming to the recruitment forums. Or you can respond to posts where people are looking for partners.
Enjoy Eidolon, my free to play game at: https://mutive.itch.io/eidolon, Minion! at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion or Epilogue at: https://mutive.itch.io/epilogue

somni

#3 Post by somni »

I posted a request over here: (closed)
Anyways thought I'd see if there are any other VN focused places people know of as other forums I've seen are too generic or inactive by comparison.
Last edited by somni on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#4 Post by parttimestorier »

If you're hoping to join a project that's already in progress, you might have better luck keeping an eye on threads in the top three sections of Recruitment & Services Offered, where people post when they're looking for someone. It seems to me to be more common for people to find collaborators by posting there and seeing who replies. I've gotten a few writing jobs by replying to other people's posts, but none so far from anyone looking at the thread I posted in "I am a Writer" a while back. (Although I should really get around to updating that at some point!)
ImageImageImage

somni

#5 Post by somni »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm finding that seems to be the case. If nothing comes up I would probably start my own anyways, I just like to collaborate in teams.

TheMCButterfly
Projects: Friends Forever - Talk to a character
IRC Nick: Butterfly

#6 Post by TheMCButterfly »

What is it about? I can write it, but you need to tell me the setting, etc. I need a lot of details. I won't neccasarilly do it. It really depends on the theme.