How much would you pay for music?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

How much would you pay for music?

#1 Post by namastaii »

I created an Itch.io account and I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place to sell my assets but I really like how it's all set up and I already put my free creative commons music on there. But I'd really like to create some music bundles that I can sell but I am curious as to what people would pay? I don't want it to be TOO cheap simply for the reason that it would probably be better if less games have the same music, you know what I mean? To give you an example of what some bundles might sound like, I am working on an 'emotional piano music' bundle I'm going to put up there. There might be only 3-6 songs. If these songs were really nice and not too repetitive/bland, how much would you pay so you can use them in your game? Any other input? Thank you! :)

I added a song I'm working on (not finished) to give you an idea of the quality. I think this bundle will only be piano sounds (no added percussion/strings etc)
Example piano piece

Also, if you wanted to check out my itch.io, I actually put a link in my signature. I'll have to create some nice html for my page soon :)

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: How much would you pay for music?

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

I really like the sound of that piano piece so far! I've spent a lot of time looking around for music to potentially use in games, and I've seen sites selling individual royalty-free tracks for between around $2 and $8 a lot. And I can see myself paying around $25 or something for a bundle of a few good songs, especially if there were samples I could check out to make sure that I like them. But also, I'm working on a really limited budget for my games. I'm sure that some people would be happy to pay a lot more.
ImageImageImage

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: How much would you pay for music?

#3 Post by namastaii »

I've noticed a LOT of the music bundles for sale don't even have previews! How does the person know they want that music? I'll for sure be posting up the files to be listened to that are in the bundle :) And thank you for your input, those are numbers I can keep in mind.