over the limits?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mindgrief

over the limits?

#1 Post by mindgrief »

Hello people, I'm mindgrief.

I am french musician, but I also like to write and to draw.

I like visual novels for years and thanks to Renpy, I realised that making my own project is now possible ... with a lot of work of course.

I have two questions about it before starting, which are :
- instead of creating apps, is there a possibility to publish an "online version" of the compiled novel? dmg files, exe files, ok... but is there a player/ converter for them.
- do Renpy allows commerical use of the projects (even if Renpy is mentionned in the project as well)

my idea : creating full stories to an affordable price (I will decide later), but with demos I could publish on my website for free (with links for full version)

Thank you by advance for the answers, and sorry if that topic was already opened or badly positioned, I could delete it once I had these answers.

Best regards to you all <3

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: over the limits?

#2 Post by Donmai »

About the possible creation of online Ren'Py games. See here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=52015
Ren'Py is open source software, and it's being used in the production of commercial games for many years.
Good luck with your project(s).
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)