Celebrating Launching Your VN Rituals?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Celebrating Launching Your VN Rituals?

#1 Post by Katy133 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:04 pm

I would like to know, do other visual novel developers do something special to congratulate themselves for completing a VN? I was taught that rewarding yourself for completing big projects and dwelling on the fact that you've done something very difficult is very important to the brain. How do devs treat themselves?

Do they go somewhere to celebrate? Do they celebrate with drinks? Buying something as a reward? Relaxing?
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: Celebrating Launching Your VN Rituals?

#2 Post by illuminate001 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 pm

Lol, well tbh I do several of those things you just mentioned. 😛

I’ll usually launch first thing in the morning, so I have the rest of the day to celebrate, doing my best to not check on comments or the status at all. This is a monumental day, but after all that hard work, I want to bask in the glow of that and not focus on anything else yet.

It’s basically Treat-Yourself Day, so I’ll eat a meal somewhere really nice/tasty, order some drinks and buy myself something I’ve been holding off on for awhile, like that expensive jacket or that new game. Then end the day by bringing home a bottle of something bubbly for the evening.

The best part, is now that I’m done working on a VN, I can finally play VNs again lol! So for the next while, I’ll get to try those VNs that have been sitting in my “To Play” folder
ImageImage
ImageImage