Pc vs Mobile VNs

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
beastcarving
Regular
Completed: Pulse Cage https://beastcarving.itch.io/pulse-cage-the-full-series
Projects: Your Brother's Religion
Organization: BeastCarving Studio
IRC Nick: BeastCarving
Tumblr: beastcarving
Deviantart: beastcarving
Github: beastcarving
itch: beastcarving

Pc vs Mobile VNs

#1 Post by beastcarving »

I don't know about you, but I mainly feel more comfortable playing visual novels on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I think the some of the best ones are pc VNs. I play them both. What do you think?
Image Pulse Cage (full game)Image Your Brother's Religion (Demo)
PLAY HERE: https://beastcarving.itch.io/
Love my work: https://www.patreon.com/beastcarving

Camuzer

Re: Pc vs Mobile VNs

#2 Post by Camuzer »

I only play on my phone since my pc is so old. And it's much more practical in my opinion

Ayael
Regular
Projects: Imperial Grace (on going), Autumn Spirit, Ballads at Midnight

#3 Post by Ayael »

Oh ! I only play them on my laptop for three main reasons :
- When I play on my phone is usually during travel, so I am not 100% focus (I don't want to miss the bus station, people talking, moving etc.) and, for story game I like to be immerse.
- It's a bit link to the previous one, but I like to enjoy the story, being confortably on my sofa with a warm tea, sound clear.
- I have a small PC but still you can enjoy the art in far better condition than in a small phone screen.
Image Image

Elta
Regular
Tumblr: limitelta
Deviantart: limitelta
itch: limitelta

#4 Post by Elta »

I don't play mobile games at all because I still have my cute little flip phone. 😅 I don't really have the need for a smart phone, so I never bothered upgrading. Thus I play on the computer. I like the larger screen anyway for games. I can't see the smaller screens as well, or at least it feels that way. It's like I'm straining my eyes more. It's funny, because I feel opposite from camuzer, I find the laptop more practical then a phone for some reason. Funny how things can seem so different to different people!

I only play at home, because when I go out I don't really like to bring my tech with me. I need a break away from it when I'm not home, as I work on my computer all day and my hobbies are on it. So for me, it's good to leave it sometimes.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#5 Post by Imperf3kt »

For me, I don't honestly care.

If a game is on a platform I have access to, I will play it on whatever platform available that I so happen to purchase / download it on.

I find my PC consumes too much power for a simple game and my laptop is my general go to gaming device (except my consoles, which obviously take precedence)
However when it is between laptop and mobile, the determining factor is the controls. My laptop has ~104 keys I can use plus a touchscreen. A mouse is usually also included as I hate trackpads.

But a mobile phone has one screen to interact with, and is usually difficult to hold without some kind of bad effect (loss of view, uncomfortable seating position, etc)

I like the whole concept of mobile games, but it really depends what the game is and how it is played.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter