Needed - Determined beta tester (SS)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Needed - Determined beta tester (SS)

#1 Post by papillon »

Okay, so, I got the last background for Summer Schoolgirls that I absolutely had to have done by my artist. The others have been faked. Technically, the game is now playable. And I've even added mouse wheel support to the scrollback log.

However, I could use the eyes of someone other than me to look at it. HOWEVER. The last person I offered the game to test NEVER WROTE ME BACK. Despite being emailed multiple times. They just vanished. This sort of stinks. :)

SO. If you are

1. a renai fan happy with mild shoujoai content (and it is very mild, they're really Very Good Friends)
2. in possession of a windows 98+, NOT NT, machine with a decent graphics card (16MB+ VRAM)
3. Willing to do more than play the game through once - I won't require you to methodically try to get every single path, I don't expect perfect testing, but I need someone willing to put a *little* time into this
4. WILL WRITE ME BACK, even if it's just to say "Everything worked okay" or "This game stinks"

Then please, indicate your interest and email address.

What you get? Free game!

If you get the game and do not write me back, GYPSY CURSES ON YOUR HEAD! :)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#2 Post by Megaman Z »

check PM inbox.
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#3 Post by bookie »

I can playtest if I can do everything by the end of the week. I'm going on vacation on Sunday.

If that time constraint isn't a problem, and you can fit the game through e-mail, my addy is bookgrl1190@gmail.com

or, if you need, you can try using http://www.yousendit.com

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#4 Post by kara24601 »

I enjoyed the last demo , I can't remember anything bad about it but would appreciate getting to look at the game again.
I apoligize if I'm the person who never wrote back , I thought I did but it's highly possible that I didn't since I can tend to be forgetful and stuff at times HOWEVER I promise that won't happen this time....like bookie , if you don't have any time restraints or whatever , I can try it before or later , I'm most likely going to my brothers for like a week so.....*shrugs*
Best wishs!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#5 Post by papillon »

(It wasn't people from this board last time.)

Just a note - LOTS of people have contacted me, so if I don't reply to you or don't do so right away, don't think that I hate you or anything. :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#6 Post by papillon »

In the meantime, anyone who wants a look at the beginning of the game, I'm also trying to make sure my demo/installer/whathaveyou are working, and that can be downloaded at

http://papillon.fileburst.com/TrySummerSchoolgirls.exe

I've spent much of the day fixing horrible errors in that demo version and there may still be some lurking - brownie points to you if you catch something. :)

Warren-kun
Regular

#7 Post by Warren-kun »

I'll playtest too.

My E-mail Address is: Warrius15@Yahoo.com

Silverfox

#8 Post by Silverfox »

I'll happily playtest. arwenrunyamir@yahoo.com is where you can reach me, if you still need a betatester. :D

Iaman
Regular

#9 Post by Iaman »

If it ain't too late, I'll playtest...

just email it to me or pm me a link to it...
I have no pants!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#10 Post by Megaman Z »

hey, Iaman's back!

if you look under "completed renai games", the game's been released. it's not free, unfortunately...
~Kitsune Zeta

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#11 Post by papillon »

When I have infinite amounts of free money to pay for resources with, I will make solely free games. :)

Iaman
Regular

#12 Post by Iaman »

Well, most of us would be happy to make free resources for you, so... :(
I have no pants!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#13 Post by papillon »

*sigh* Then make free resources for someone else's game. There are plenty of other game makers around here, some of whom, unlike me, do not have to buy their own food. (Also, no offense, but many of the free resources available are not to the standard I'm looking for. Not that SS is top-quality either, because I *can't afford to hire* what I want. SS is, like many projects, another step on the ladder of trying to do so.)

It's not like I'm asking you to pay $50 for a game sight unseen - it's the price of ONE meal/movie for a game you have every chance to demo and see if you like it beforehand. (And please, please, please play the demo before you buy it! Make sure it runs! Make sure you're interested! I don't want to take anyone's money for something they don't like!)

I'm not going to demand anyone support my art if they don't want to, but I can't exactly apologise for not wanting to starve to death either. :) Your info says you're a high-schooler. Great! This is the BEST time for you to get into game-making! Learn and get better fast! You don't want to end up like me, ten years older and having to survive solely on the income you can manage off the internet. :)

Iaman
Regular

#14 Post by Iaman »

I am learning to make games right now... I'm trying to get used to using renpy, gamemaker, and rm2k/2k3/XP in gradual periods. As a matter of fact, I'm currently working on a game demo in rm2k3 for a game that I will(hopefully) be finishing in the course of the next year or so. It'll be an rpg though(ducks and waits a while) so most people here won't be too interested in it, but it is SOMETHING at least, and I'm hoping to have lots of innovations and do some interesting stuff with it.

So if your into that sort of stuff, you'll have to wait and see if I have the drive to finish this...
I have no pants!

darkknight
Veteran

#15 Post by darkknight »

Dude u live off of this...if you need to pay for meal...does anyone actually buy the games...how much of a profit do you make...?
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....