Top Ten anime mistakes.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Hseo
Regular
Completed: High School Life:HSL
Deviantart: greeeed

Top Ten anime mistakes.

#1 Post by Hseo »

How would you feel if you deleted your Ren'Py game codes by mistakes?
Especially if you almost completed it...
That what I have done...
Thanks god I still have the images folder or I might stop coding games for the rest of my life.

P.S: Here how it look before my stupidity purge it... T^T

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Top Ten anime mistakes.

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

Oof, i'll be VERY VERY disappointed and angry when i deleted it unexpectedly or even the script files were having such (redacted) errors, but thankfully, i have my USB and my SDCARD in my tablet just to be safe. I'll be traumatized for how much i done it for many years or months, just for the sake of my game seriously. My game is a remembrance of my first coding experience since 2019, and i won't forget it no matter what. You'll take care of it depends how you know the code/game works.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Hseo
Regular

#3 Post by Hseo »

isobellesophia wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 am Oof, i'll be VERY VERY disappointed and angry when i deleted it unexpectedly or even the script files were having such (redacted) errors, but thankfully, i have my USB and my SDCARD in my tablet just to be safe. I'll be traumatized for how much i done it for many years or months, just for the sake of my game seriously. My game is a remembrance of my first coding experience since 2019, and i won't forget it no matter what. You'll take care of it depends how you know the code/game works.
I did have backup, or that what I though till I found out I was backing up the wrong folder...

Live and learn I guess.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#4 Post by Zetsubou »

Did you check Renpy's own backups? It should backup the script files of any games you run through the launcher.
On Linux (and maybe OSX?) it's in ~/.renpy/backups/
On Windows I think it's in your AppData folder.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

Hseo
Regular

#5 Post by Hseo »

Zetsubou wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:12 pm Did you check Renpy's own backups? It should backup the script files of any games you run through the launcher.
On Linux (and maybe OSX?) it's in ~/.renpy/backups/
On Windows I think it's in your AppData folder.
I Back up wrong folder before I deleted everything(Format).
But since I am the person who write the code, it won't be hard to write it again.
Though it is annoying to write some of them like the sanbox text game code
(Tits fenoxo game copy minus the 18+ part)

Lil Ace

#6 Post by Lil Ace »

I know there are some programs that can recover deleted data. Hopefully something can be salvaged.
:)