Two free shounen-ai games

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
bardsmanship
Regular

Two free shounen-ai games

#1 Post by bardsmanship »

Just wondering whether anyone knew of the existence of these two games, which can be found at : http://www.cursedmoons.com/fan/game/game.htm

They're not english games per se, but rather translated into english. They are based on Yami No Matesui, a manga.

I haven't tried them out yet, but the graphics sure look good. However, you do need some additional programs to play it. One is RPG Maker 2000, or RM2K. The other is RM2K's run-time package, or RTP. Note that RM2K can sometimes come bundled with the RTP, and sometimes not.

I think it would be good if these are submitted to renai.us. They certainly raise the bar on graphical aspects of fan-made renai games in english, if nothing else.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

bardsmanship wrote:Just wondering whether anyone knew of the existence of these two games
Of course ^_^ one and two. But enough bragging now...

Submitting... I know some people have problems with RM because it was translated into English and distributed. In addition to that there might be some copyright issues. It will depend on the admins.

My personal problem with these games is just that they are pretty short. The gameplay in them (Wanko & LI) is basically "pick up this, bring it there". It's not that much of a VN play, not primarily. Plus, as a consequence there's not *really* that much ren'ai, except for YNM, but that is quite short. All in all though, these three are really nice to play, compact and well rounded.

Vivi

#3 Post by Vivi »

I can't find "love-impact" game. I have no idea where "the game is in the under gallery" :oops:

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

Well, the trick to that is to "look behind the pages", if you know what I mean. Unless you want to do it the hard and just swipe across the page... ^^

Vivi

#5 Post by Vivi »

Still, I can't find it >__<. How stupid I am!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#7 Post by rioka »

Well, the person who made the site is trying to prevent certain people(s) from finding the game... ;)