Anyone used macincloud for publishing iOS of apps?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Anyone used macincloud for publishing iOS of apps?

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Hey!

I am considering using a services such as macincloud (or another alternative) for publishing iOS versions of my apps, I have used Xcode to publish apps before and I have an apple developer account, but I do not own a mac computer myself right now. Has anyone tried it? What was your experience with it?

I know that PyTom was going to offer a Mac build service to Patreon supporters, but that is not set up yet.

I am also aware of virtualization software, I like virtual machines, but they can be buggy with Apple software. Xcode can be frustrating and buggy enough, so I don't want to be wondering if it is the fact that I am running virtualization software.

Thanks for your help!

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: Anyone used macincloud for publishing iOS of apps?

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

So I am doing the trial right now, so far it is very slow, particularly if you move a window or anything that requires an animation of some sort. It is quite painful. I am still trying to install all the keys. It is painful, I suspect it is the machine it is running from, though it could also be the distance to the server, so if anyone was considering this, that is the experience so far.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran

Re: Anyone used macincloud for publishing iOS of apps?

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I cancelled my subscription before the trial ended. I have a feeling that I will get charged for the week anyway. It didn't solve the issue that originally prevented me from submitting this app long ago and it was painfully slow. I have seen virtual machines and although they can be slow at times, they are not always like that, however this was always slow when moving windows etc.

I would consider using the service again on a pay as you go model if I come up with a solution to my problem if there were no other alternatives.