Create a mini game

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Gianserpe

Create a mini game

#1 Post by Gianserpe »

Hello, in the meantime, I apologize for my English. I wanted to create a small game in which I have to do a certain action in a room (in this case break objects in a box), but in doing so I don't have to be discovered by the person who is facing away from me. Randomly the person in front should turn around; if I am breaking objects while the person is watching me I lose. Would anyone have any idea how I could set it up? Or if something already exists in the cookbook. Thanks in advance

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Create a mini game

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

You're kind of asking about a bunch of different mechanics in one question, so if you want people to be able to help you, you might have to be more specific and break things down into smaller pieces. For instance, what do you mean by "break objects in a box" - are these just images you click on to "break" them, or is it more complicated than that? Are you picturing this happening on just one screen you click around on like a point-and-click game, or a map where you have a little character walking around and interacting with objects like an RPG or something? When you say the person should turn around "randomly," do you mean it should really be random, or just that it should be on some kind of irregular pattern that appears random to the player?
ImageImageImage