Vague plot ideas....

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Vague plot ideas....

#1 Post by papillon »

Absolutely no promises this game will ever be made, I am NOT working on it, but it's one of many half-baked ideas floating through my brain and only when these things coalesce into completely baked ideas do I really start programming them. :)

The general idea is - You are an immortal who lost your True Love many centuries ago to tragedy. You've been lonely ever since. Now you finally sense that the soul of your lost love has been reincarnated - but you have no idea what he/she will look like now, or whether it will BE a he or a she, regardless of whichever it was in the past (left intentionally vague).

Following the vague sense, you find yourself drawn to a large family that is currently celebrating a Christmas vacation at (semi-remote holiday cabin somewhere snowy). Your psychic senses aren't strong enough to tell WHICH of these many relatives might be your love. And of course, your love will have no memory of you and no idea who you are.

So, you must pretend to be a normal person, infiltrate a family vacation, get to know everyone, decide who you think your true love is, and manage to woo them in time for a Christmas miracle.

This would be a more story-based game in which you can choose from several people to pursue. I'm not sure if it would be possible to achieve a happy ending with every single one or not (some of them just might not be interested in a centuries-old same-sex partner!)

... oh and did I mention the lead character was female? (Of course) :)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Ooo, cool! Could be very evocative and atmospheric. As long as you can get a *believable* reason why the family would allow a random stranger to join them, which shouldn't be too hard. I'd like to see this :)

PixelWrangler
Regular

#3 Post by PixelWrangler »

Very ambitious and original plot for a ren'ai/story game.

I see it done in a classical, slightly orange/sepia-toned art style with more realistic-looking anime-style characters, the screen graphics displayed within an ornate "picture frame" border on top, and the words in a separate box below.

P.W.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Personally, I tend not to put in a fantastic element without (a dominant) purpose. The game, as described will be you and a family with girls - pick one. Which is not a bad thing, but it makes the immortal and reincarnated love seem underexploited - unless of course you plan to really involve the immortality and one true love into the plot (with the drawback that a reincarnated love should mean only ONE of the girls is a good ending...?)

It certainly has a lot of potential, I would definitely base such a story on a conflict between living forever and losing love, but the potential is there and it's big. I can imagine this being very romantic with the eternal love and strange forces drawing you to the girls. In my opinion though this looks like a much larger title than SSG, at least potentially. It would be nice to see a game like that.