Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
I gather this used to be a commonly reported issue so I’m just not touching Atom anymore. Fortunately I have a backup that only means I’ve lost a few hours work.
Anyone have alternative suggestions for a different editor? Is Sublime any good?
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1912
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 am
- Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question
- Projects: Slumberland
- Location: Brazil
Personally, I've been using the last item on that list for years without any problem. It requires Java Runtime to be installed.
It's a very stable application, and it has everything I need.
This editor also seems to be very popular: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=24091#p299093
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)
It's free, lightweight (for me it takes much less time to load than Atom), supports version control and it has a free Ren'Py language extension, though it might not be updated as regularly as the officially supported IDEs.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:06 pm
- Organization: Metasepia Games
- Deviantart: qirien
- Github: qirien
- itch: qirien
- Location: New Mexico, USA
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:18 pm
- Github: mavyxdawn
- itch: zeillearnings
- Discord: Zeil#4950
Users browsing this forum: No registered users