Adding Members to an Existing 'Studio': How?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

Adding Members to an Existing 'Studio': How?

#1 Post by Neeka »

Hello all, Neeka of Ostrich Burger Productions here, a (one) woman founded 'studio' looking to branch out and gather team members for upcoming projects!

My main questions is this: How does one go about gathering team members/roles for their studio?

I'm a writer and 'developer', so in the past I've used CC Assets or commissioned artists, which worked then. At the moment, and possibly into next year, I don't have the option to pay upfront, so for those who I do recruit, they would be paid through potential Kickstarters and Revenue Share. I know this reduces those who might be interested but doesn't completely deplete those who are.

I do have a few notes, such as writing up contracts with all the needed information such as expected workload, payment type, payment amount, project timeline, etc for each prospective member/role.

What else am I missing? Do I post info of what/who I'm looking for on the forum and social media, or do I reach out to people I'm interested in and tell them the details? Or potentially both?

If you're a studio founder and found other members feel free to answer some of my questions or just share your general experience!