NaNoRenO 2010

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
MuzikalNotes

Re: NaNoRenO 2010

#16 Post by MuzikalNotes »

Now, if I can get myself to finally make a KN, I might be able to do this. Time to dig into my brain to find one of those ideas that have been completely buried...

Glasskitten
Regular
Completed: I confess to nothing! \(>o<)/

#17 Post by Glasskitten »

Hurray for people-are-going-to-release-material-one-month-later month!

I should probably set some sort of goal of my own, although I don't expect I could make a whole game in that time. (Through much trial and error I was forced to come to terms with the fact that I have no patience for small things. I can't get my brain to accept that something that can be done quickly is worth doing. o_0) But during NaNoWriMo, with my mini-goal of 15000 words, I was able to get farther on my novel than I had in the past eight years. (Then soon afterward I finally realized the missing piece in my worldbuilding, and subsequently I have had to try to rebuild the world all over again. Darn it!)
Anywho...
Since my visual novel "project" shifted into the "playground" zone like my novel and comic (which pretty much means I have no deadlines or sense of urgency anymore, but it is so much a part of me that it will never die until I do), it's become much more comfortable to poke at, but it also gets harder to allocate genuine responsibility to it.
</exposition on the kitten's laziness>

I wonder what kind of goal I should set?
Grand list of things not officially canceled:
Salt -- the heartwarming story of brain-eating space worms
Tangent -- an epic poem and/or novel about a borderline-autistic Martian imp and her relationship with God
Kittens of the Darned -- a grimdark soap opera about sexy catgirls (Indefinitely postponed until I learn to draw and color realistically)
The Other Mary -- the most perfect fic about the most perfect Mary Sue EVER
Rockheart -- a short story about a monster who kills everyone
Corrupted -- a completely different short story about a monster who kills everyone (late Worst Visual Novel Ever)
Checkpoint 36a -- the transcription of a short multi-ending dream about time travel and undead schoolgirls
In Which the Princess is Kidnapped -- an entry in the "ordinary girl ends up in an alien universe and tries to save it" genre
Pictogram Scramble: Magical Friendship Bunny Ivy -- a Flash game about a magical girl making friends (Indefinitely postponed until I learn how friendship works)

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by lepapillonrouge »

My it's...been a while since I've touched this forum.

I might participate, but even if I don't, I can't wait to see everyone else's stuff.
deviantART
---------------------

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#19 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

It occurs to me that I REALLY can't do my project on my own. Would anyone be willing to do the sprites and backgrounds? I can provide writing, editing or concept art in return.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Bocom
Projects: Yeah, 6-7 or more... <_<

#20 Post by Bocom »

Gah, if I only could do art...

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

#21 Post by Blue Sky »

Bocom wrote:Gah, if I only could do art...
If only I could write...

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#22 Post by Samu-kun »

Well then, you two could team up together.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#23 Post by LVUER »

12 more hours! My blood is boiling already >_<
C'mon clock, turn faster... Oh wait, today is Sunday... so I suppose I want this day to be slower, so I can relax just a bit more.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#24 Post by Samu-kun »

I really should get working soon. If I can make some story notes before I begin, then I can immediately start working tomorrow...

chunderbunny
Regular
Projects: SSS:Renaissance, Canadense (WIP)

#25 Post by chunderbunny »

It seems as though Studio MAB will be entering this year as well. I guess you can look forward to a VN about gurning and table flipping this year? Who knows...

No hybrid VN/RPG this year. Promise.

majes
Projects: NaNoRenO Game

#26 Post by majes »

My writer's Laptop just got it's screen destroyed by a nasty fall. However, it may be a blessing in disguise since he has been engrossed in Clannad the past few days and I was beginning to think that he'd be slacking to play it. :lol:

PinkMagus

#27 Post by PinkMagus »

As the newbiest newb on the forums, I'll volunteer my writing (lack-of) skills if they are wanted.

sharakael

#28 Post by sharakael »

I'm joining this year, even if it's pretty late and I don't have that much time left... :wink:

I do have a question though, since I intend to ask for beta-testers... when will you be considered to have finished NaNoRenO? When you have the work ready (even before beta-ed), or after it's fully polished (after beta-ed)?

Jake
Support Hero

#29 Post by Jake »

sharakael wrote: I do have a question though, since I intend to ask for beta-testers... when will you be considered to have finished NaNoRenO? When you have the work ready (even before beta-ed), or after it's fully polished (after beta-ed)?
NaNo isn't really all that serious, so nobody's going to be enforcing strict deadlines. And nobody's going to mind if you fix some stuff up after March is over, what we've seen in the past is that people will release a NaNo game at the end of March regardless of whether it's gone through beta-testing or whatever, and then a 'final' version gets released with fixes and corrections a week or so later.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#30 Post by prezzey »

I personally intend to release a playable version in March (tested as much as possible given the timeframe), and an extended version in April. Mostly because I want to make music specifically for the game, but I'm quite sure I won't be able to fit it into March, and if I don't like the music I end up making, I'll have to ask a musician friend to help me out, etc. So that's a complicated issue in itself.

But I'm new too ^^;
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango