"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

Re: Looking to buy/license complete VN scenarios.

#61 Post by kinougames »

Topagae wrote:@PyTom

Staying silent when people are being trolls is the only way not to feed them the fires and ire they so desire.

I've been more then happy to answer any questions from folk that don't act that way, and I stop interacting with them if they do. If all ya'all are SO concerned with the reasonable questions in the quagmire of BS I don't feel like sloughing through, I am STILL more then happy to answer them if a reasonable folk would like to list them and not be a jerk about it.

If reasonable folk DO want the questions answered but aren't willing to ask themselves, then I figure they don't want them NEARLY enough for me to personally slag through the muds of trolls, and I will not be answering them.

Anyhow as I mentioned earlier I got what I need, so here's the deal. If someone wants to slag through all the unanswered questions and present them in list form I will answer them. Then I may answer other things that come up but we REALLY don't need anymore work so we're not looking for any more ports. If nobody wants to, then I'll just leave this forum open in a case new comer has questions, but other then that I don't got much else to say.
If you're actually willing to do this, okay, then please explain what kinougames and Jake discussed earlier to me, as I would also like the answers to those questions, namely:

1) What does your service provide that can't be done with Ren'py or other free-for-commercial services?
2) What is the sales percentage that you are taking actually going to as far as your buyer? I understand that you want to pay bills, but if I'm going to buy a service, yes, I'd like to know what I am getting for the service.
3) In your title to this thread you state "buying" complete VN scenarios. Are you actually buying? Or are you just porting and giving a percentage of the sales?
4) I'm not sure why exactly you would post an incomplete/incorrect version of your license agreement or an old, still bugged version of your work, but I personally would like to see a completed demo before providing you with any work I've done.
5) You stated that you would be getting people exposure; I would like to know about the traffic on your site if you have something to show that.
6) Do you plan to update your site/the incorrect information in the very near future? It was hard for me to navigate.
7) If you have no more time to take games, will there be some advance notice on a site or blog or something so that we know?

Lastly, what exactly has been said that you find rude?

Topagae

#62 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topagae

#63 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#64 Post by Taleweaver »

Topagae wrote:Funny though, the questions are much nicer this time around. I'll draft a response to them if a trustworthy sort vouches for the questions and also wants them answered.
In case you consider me trustworthy, I'd also like these questions answered. (Actually, I don't care about Q1, but all the others were pretty much what I was interested in as well.)
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

fortaat
Regular

#65 Post by fortaat »

I call bullshit on your claim to have some customers. It's quite clear you don't have any since not a single one of them responded in this thread, and as Jake explained, you'd have to be a serious crackpot to consider your work antics acceptable.
I've been more then happy to answer any questions from folk that don't act that way, and I stop interacting with them if they do. If all ya'all are SO concerned with the reasonable questions in the quagmire of BS I don't feel like sloughing through, I am STILL more then happy to answer them if a reasonable folk would like to list them and not be a jerk about it.
Grow a pair kid.
You consider customer awareness an insult, and act like a whiny bitchcake whenever someone treats you like an adult. Most adult are able to take gentle criticism without going apeshit.
FYI, nearly everyone who posted here are developers. If we don't develop games for you, your engine isn't worth a turd.
Last edited by fortaat on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ren

#66 Post by Ren »

@ren

There's a bug where something works BETTER? That's new.
No. There's a bug where something works WORSE on Windows. Same version of the same browser with the same login on the same site; this means that you can look for differences between Firefox on Windows and Mac, because one of these differences is likely to be related to the cause of the problem.

Topagae

#67 Post by Topagae »

Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topagae

#68 Post by Topagae »

Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#69 Post by Taleweaver »

Topagae wrote:6. Define "Near Future".
Somewhere within the next three months. If not within this timeframe, then when?

As someone who considers himself a writer, public exposure is very important to me. To be blunt, the opportunity to become read by a much wider audience is what makes me tick. However, making some sort of impression isn't quite enough for me. I'd like to make a _good_ impression, and datesim.org, frankly, looks a little bland to me so far. I realize the engine has probably been improved a good bit since you coded what's there, and, like a few of the other guys in this thread, I'm also interested in a look at what your finished product actually LOOKS like.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Topagae

#70 Post by Topagae »

Jake
Support Hero

#71 Post by Jake »

I have a couple of questions as well. These isn't meant to be hostile, just frank:

How can anybody trust you when you refuse to show the working engine that you supposedly have, when one minute the demo on your site is worth looking at and the next minute you describe it as old, buggy, hacky code which has been replaced by something much better?

(Follow-on question: if you're willing to try and fob off professionals with things like the ages-old tech demo on your site, how can anybody believe that you won't try and fob them off when they ask about - say - sales figures?)

Why won't you show around the engine that actually works? If you're running a web-based service then everyone will see it as customers anyway, and it would help a lot to build your credibility - which frankly, right now you really need to build.

I hope that, since I haven't even tried to sockpuppet at any point and have always been entirely open about my identity, you'll treat these questions as 'trustworthy'...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#72 Post by jack_norton »

Jake wrote: (Follow-on question: if you're willing to try and fob off professionals with things like the ages-old tech demo on your site, how can anybody believe that you won't try and fob them off when they ask about - say - sales figures?)
I've been talking with him privately. I don't want to comment on the engine or the rest, but on this last point I think you're right.
I have done many deals over the years with other developers, and some also in this forum (papillon, sake-bento) and more people sent me PMs because want me to publish their games. I think if they trust me so much is because I built a good reputation, but also because I use a very simple and "bullet-proof" system, by using an automatic royalty split with my vendor BMT (won't go in details, but suffice to know, the partner gets an email for each sale the same instant I get it, and the royalties are calculated by the vendor, a neutral third-party so no possibility to cheat or make mistakes).

That said, I don't know yet in details how they plan to do royalties, but to me is the most important thing of the whole deal, that will determine if I accept or not :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#73 Post by kinougames »

@Topagae

Don't think I'm magically going to garner interest in this product.

I want to know if there are actually answers to these questions. You don't deserve an ounce of politeness, but neither does anyone here deserve being ripped off and scammed by you, which I will make sure to warn about because the business practice going on here is flat out frightening.
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Topagae

#74 Post by Topagae »

Jake
Support Hero

#75 Post by Jake »

Topagae wrote:@Jack

Working on it, we're pulling our heads out trying to figure out how to write internationally recognized contract terms XD

Pro tip: HIRE A LAWYER.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found