Gearing Up For NaNoRenO 2006!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#76 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:re PyTom>> Another -Mo? I think we're running out of names! (Btw, there's the unofficial NaNoRenO Last Minute Challenge for those who want to create a ren'ai game in 15 days. ^^)
Well... that's almost too much. The thing should be simple - with IntRenAiMo you have a March 31st deadline and with NaNoRenO you have only one month to do it. I do acknowledge the existence of NaNoRenO+, as it fits nicely with V-Day and there's a Long Wait, but for the other challenges, it's perhaps good to leave that to the individual people. Maybe I decide to work every second week, or only on weekends... there are a lot of possibilities. But it will still boil down to IntRenAiMo for me, there's no need for a Weekend Challenge, I'd say. Sort of keeps the eyes off the really important things. I think having too many options and exceptions isn't good. It is in one way nice, because you're being flexible, but the bottom line is there is NaNoRenO and its strict rules and if you aren't able to do it, go for IntRenAiMo, where except the deadline it's your rules. I'm not saying flexibility is bad, but too much of it, like putting everyone in a different category or -Mo version, may affect the "we're in the same boat" spirit. So I think it's important to convey that - in reality no matter what option you choose, with preparation periods, without, or freestyle like me, the important thing is that March will be the month when it all will culminate.

I know, long post, no real point. It's quite early in the morning for me. :roll:

snowshine
Regular

#77 Post by snowshine »

I want to sign up for IntRenAiMo, too. Exactly, ShiraiJunichi and me are. I'll be doing artwork for our game. ^___^.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#78 Post by musical74 »

*notes ShiraiJunchi pounding on Quin's door and GlassKitten with something or other behind her back...can't tell what though...makes me glad that the only music I do is sing...*

All joking aside Quin, welcome to the forums! :) (Starts to be on the lookout for pheonix sighting)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Quin
Regular

#79 Post by Quin »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:*beating down Quin's door*
Quin?! *pound pound* I know you're in there Quin!! *pound pound pound* ... I'm not leaving until I get my music, I hope you know... *pound* ... Quin?! ...
Um... (shouting) I'm not here! Er... go away! (whispering) Oh, drat, now they know I'm here...
Glasskitten wrote:Hmm, what kind of music do you like to compose? *carefully conceals a collapsible battering ram behind her back*
Most of my work is tracker-based (sequenced, as opposed to performed live with instruments). Recently I've been doing sound collage and discordant noise, as well as ambient soundscape and raw lo-fi techno. If that hasn't scared you off, I've done ambient, techno, semi-classical, novelty and IDM.
musical74 wrote:*notes ShiraiJunchi pounding on Quin's door and GlassKitten with something or other behind her back...can't tell what though...makes me glad that the only music I do is sing...*
One thing I definitely do not do is sing. I can get high scores in Karaoke Revolution, but that doesn't mean I can sing in a way that anyone would want to listen to. ^_^;

When I get the new version of my site up later this week, I'll put some music samples up. Until then, I'll be hiding in the back room with earplugs in... hoping the deadbolt holds! o_O

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

That's it!! A musical!!! *heads over to Oregon* ... *pound pound pound* Musical74!!! I know you're in there, so come out!!! *looks east towards Maine* And don't think I've forgotten about you Quin!!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#81 Post by rioka »

re Quin>> Yeah, your assumption was correct. I'd prefer lesser known pieces but thanks anyways.

re snowshine>> Cool! Since you guys are a team, I'll put both your names together and count it as one. =)

re Junichi>> A musical eh? That'd be interesting! :lol:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#82 Post by mikey »

snowshine wrote:I want to sign up for IntRenAiMo, too. Exactly, ShiraiJunichi and me are. I'll be doing artwork for our game. ^___^.
eclipse wrote:re snowshine>> Cool! Since you guys are a team, I'll put both your names together and count it as one. =)
How about a team name then? :wink:
Just don't make it as stupid as I have... ATP Projects... so much for a catchy name :lol: (well, it has history, so that's why I kept it, but if I had the freedom of starting a new formation... I'd think of something much better... perhaps)

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#83 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

mikey wrote:How about a team name then?
Good idea! We'll have to think about that. Though... I don't know if I'll be lucky enough to work on more than one project with snowshine T_T ...

Hmmm... what does the "ATP" stand for, anyway?

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#84 Post by musical74 »

*looks to see who's knocking...sees that it's ShiraiJunchi, goes to get his Phantom of the Opera outfit and plays *Phantom of the Opera* loud enough for Shirai to hear it* Loved doing Phantom of the Opera...

One thing ShiraiJunchi mentioned got me thinking...how WOULD you make a song in a game? Not background music, but where a character is actually singing? Is that possible?

snowshine
Regular

#85 Post by snowshine »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:Good idea! We'll have to think about that. Though... I don't know if I'll be lucky enough to work on more than one project with snowshine T_T ...
I'll be honoured to work on more than one project with you. -^__^- I'm just afraid of I'm not helpful as you thought.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#86 Post by mikey »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:Hmmm... what does the "ATP" stand for, anyway?
Well, when I started my site, it was to be a list of all anime titles. It later narrowed down to bgames. The original name was Anime Text Page, to say it was just a list, no pictures. Later I started calling it Anime Titles Page when the list expanded and then I just left it as ATP, because I didn't want to rename it. It was there since 2001, so I sort of got attached. ATP Projects is the consequence of that title, meaning projects other than the list(s). :? 8)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#87 Post by Blue Lemma »

I keep thinking of ATP as being adenosine triphosphate :D It makes sense, because mikey is full of game-making energy 8)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#88 Post by musical74 »

mikey DOES always seem to be full of game-making energy, doesn't he?

Still kicking around the idea of making a musical but probably going to have to pass unless someone knows a good way to make one that's relatively easy.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#89 Post by mikey »

musical74 wrote:mikey DOES always seem to be full of game-making energy, doesn't he?
Well, just today I had to re-evaluate my time schedule and I'm completely booked until April, save for a brief moment in January... This will undoubtedly affect my IntRenAiMo participation, and it's basically 95% sure I won't make it with the original design. I don't unfortunately have a small project prepared that I could use instead, not even on the waiting list, grrr... I'll still participate though, because obviously you can lose the challenge as well... anyhow, it's going to be quite a thing, but since I don't want to go with an alternative project now, it's going to be reeeally tough. Right. That's just me sharing some concerns... And no, cheering on, won't help, this is very much dictated by time and not really motivation. It's going to be a fun few months then...

EDIT:

Right. Things have changed for me yet again and I have to confirm, my IntRenAiMo participation is impossible. I have one problem because of which I can't start a dedicated IntRenAiMo project and I cannot fix it in time for the challenge. Technically, I could continue to participate, but that participation would just be a formal one.

So I suppose you can erase my name from the IntRenAiMo board. I hope not to demotivate anyone else by this, but I have completed enough games to know what is possible and it really is 0% probability, as my current situation won't change. It's nothing bad happening in my life though ^_^.

Since I am booked for at least three weeks in March (that's why I opted for IntRenAiMo before), I can't do any last-minute NaNoRenO either. So, I'll be jealous of you people, and crying all March, but that's the way things are.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#90 Post by rioka »

Sorry to hear you can't join us this coming year, mikey! :( I'll go make the change in the list...

But anyways.... would you mind being our cheerleader this time around, then? :)