Gearing Up For NaNoRenO 2006!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
DigiBloo

#151 Post by DigiBloo »

Hi! I'm new to Ren'Py (two/three weeks?), and I wasn't sure that I could learn the basics, so I kept low. But I've been doing really well on my project (I'm feeling pretty confident that I can finish by the end of March), so I've decided to try!

May I be added as a participant in IntRenAiMo? Please and thank you~!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#152 Post by rioka »

Sure! And welcome aboard! Updated list:

NaNoRenO
Akimaru
Dre
gekiganwing
herenvardo
Megaman Z
Quin
Shii

IntRenAiMo
Alessio
Blue Lemma
bookie
clubanimon
DigiBloo
Rio
Sakura Maple
ShiraiJunichi
Last edited by rioka on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#153 Post by Blue Lemma »

I don't know...lately I think I've been doing NaNoLemO - work on stuff and hope to finish sometime :P Really, though, I've been working on the same project for months now, so hopefully at least a demo by the end of March?

Quin
Regular

#154 Post by Quin »

Blue Lemma wrote:With all these RenOIntMoWhatever things, when will we be seeing new games? :D
I've run into complications with my first game (more personal issues than technical ones), so Snow Angels Ball has been postponed for a possible late-spring release. (This is not an official statement.) Therefore, my first game for public release will be my NaNoRenO game, which should be done... wait for it... at the end of March. ^_^

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#155 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hey, eclipse, can you move me into the IntRenAiMo column?

I'll be trying to finish up a mini-game demo of the RPG project. (See dev journal)

Shii
Regular

#156 Post by Shii »

I will be participating in this year's NaViNoWriMo. I mean, NaNoReNo.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#157 Post by rioka »

Hai! :moves Blue Lemma and adds Shii to roster:

You know.... it's only about a week till NaNoRenO begins! I hope everyone of you are ready. 8)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#158 Post by Megaman Z »

the death clock is taunting me... I'm so tempted to start work on a seperate project I've been thinking about doing...
~Kitsune Zeta

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#159 Post by PyTom »

PixelWrangler wrote:No promises, of course, but I think I might give it a go, provided I can get up to speed with all of the new Ren'Py features (or use an alternate method). I just have to, for ONCE, keep it small and manageable.
The thing about new Ren'Py features is that they shouldn't really matter to game-makers, unless you actually want to use those features. I'm guessing that games made for the original NaNoRenO should run 95% correctly on the modern version of Ren'Py, with the only exception being that the look of the preferences has changed since then. Even that wouldn't be an issue for games that don't bother customizing the preferences, modulo the sliders perhaps looking ugly.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

PixelWrangler
Regular

#160 Post by PixelWrangler »

PyTom wrote:
PixelWrangler wrote:No promises, of course, but I think I might give it a go, provided I can get up to speed with all of the new Ren'Py features (or use an alternate method). I just have to, for ONCE, keep it small and manageable.
The thing about new Ren'Py features is that they shouldn't really matter to game-makers, unless you actually want to use those features. I'm guessing that games made for the original NaNoRenO should run 95% correctly on the modern version of Ren'Py, with the only exception being that the look of the preferences has changed since then. Even that wouldn't be an issue for games that don't bother customizing the preferences, modulo the sliders perhaps looking ugly.
Whups... sorry for pulling my post out from under you, PyTom. Good to hear from you again, and great to see that you're still dedicated to the furthering of Ren'Py. ^^

I pulled the post because, rather than potentially signing up and flatlining the project right out of the gate, I thought that I might want to see how things look, then figure out whether or not I want to/can undertake the project at this time.

Of course, if it's no big deal either way, then go ahead and add me to the list. ^^

Either way... go SWAN, go!

P.W.

P.S. - SWAN(n): Acronym standing for "Silent Workers Association of NaNoRenO"

P.P.S. (edit) - Wow! Just played the demo game... looks like a LOT of cool new stuff in Ren'Py! (last used: 4.8 ) Nice work, PyTom! ^^
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Dre
Regular

#161 Post by Dre »

Yay, support us SWAN!

Just had to say that. :P

herenvardo
Veteran

I'm in

#162 Post by herenvardo »

That's the deal:
- I've been programming for some years
- I've started a lot of projects, but finished very few
- I found Ren'Py's homepage googling for 'game maker', and liked the tool
- I've played some of the games available from that page, and casually hit some pages about NaNoRenO...
- Liked the idea, and got very excited to such a challenge, since I've never hit a deadline and want this to change...
so, hoping the pressure will help me to do my best, I'm in this!

You'll hear from me when I finish the project (hmm... I should soon start to search for a idea for the story :? ), 'cos 'till then I guess I'll be a bit busy :P
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#163 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Welcome aboard. I hope we can see you during March as well- the forums are a great resource. Good luck!

Dre
Regular

#164 Post by Dre »

NaNoRenO is less than 4 days away! I need to get prepared. lol

Shii
Regular

#165 Post by Shii »

Oy mate, why am I on the IntRenAiMo list? I hadn't started any sort of project yet, and I don't know what the "Int" stands for anyway.