Gearing Up For NaNoRenO 2006!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#31 Post by musical74 »

*notes everyone is talking about eclipse being EVIL...what are all of you guys talking about....oh....I see.........RUNS from the DEMON ECLIPSE and goes into hiding until November 1*

Still kicking the idea around about joining NaNoReNo...am I under pressure yet to offically join? I probably won't have a definite answer for a few weeks.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#32 Post by Megaman Z »

we may have another source for participants: Gaia Online. I'm about 9/20 of the way towards establishing a guild, and one of the sections will be devoted towards renai game creation. if I get it quick enough, I'll advertise the NaNoRenO there as well.

...did I mention there are a handful of excellent artists there?

[at the rate I'm going, I should have it by the same time I start work on TOZSP again...]
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#33 Post by mikey »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:
eclipse wrote::whistles: Two games? Very ambitious there, Junichi. Hope you can pull it off!
I just said that we'll have to see what happens.
What, did you say three games? How do you intend to do four games in a month? Anyway, good luck with those five games you will be working on, I hope I have a chance to play all six of them. ^_^

clubanimon
Regular

#34 Post by clubanimon »

I may bomb on this...but i'll join >.< *hides in a hole* i just pray its not durning finals

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

mikey wrote:
ShiraiJunichi wrote:
eclipse wrote::whistles: Two games? Very ambitious there, Junichi. Hope you can pull it off!
I just said that we'll have to see what happens.
What, did you say three games? How do you intend to do four games in a month? Anyway, good luck with those five games you will be working on, I hope I have a chance to play all six of them. ^_^
What? You will only play seven of my games? I was hoping that you'd at least be able to play eight of them. Oh well, I guess when you make nine games, not everyone can play all ten of them... ~_^

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#36 Post by PyTom »

What, you expect us to be satisfied with merely aleph-null games? I'd expect you to make at least aleph-one games, even if it requires a model of computation more powerful then a Turing machine to run some of them! Get cracking!

Ah, cardinality based humor. If you don't get the joke...
Replace aleph-null with infinity, aleph-one with infinity plus one (or more accurately, an even bigger infinity), and just ignore the bit about Turing machines.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

What? Do you actually think any of my games will be so simple as to only have a finite number of states? PyTom, I'm offended!
Last edited by ShiraiJunichi on Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#38 Post by Blue Lemma »

*is officially out-geeked...for now* :wink:

Hmm, I just noticed there's a smashed fly on the wall right in front of me... Oh, the wonders of the computer lab.

Will ALICE be out by the fated month? Is that fair game? (just curious) Maybe it would be a good idea to start lining up some potential art donors 8)

Alice (from ToL): *pokes head out* Did someone call me? :D

Lemma: *shakes head*

Alice: Oh. :(

Anyway, I would sign up for the event, but who knows what I'll be up to then ^_^ Just gotta keep chugging along...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#39 Post by PyTom »

Blue Lemma wrote:Will ALICE be out by the fated month? Is that fair game? (just curious)
Yes, it will be.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#40 Post by rioka »

Well, I've finally decided to go for NaNoRenO. =D Oh, I can't wait!!!! This game will be completely unlike anything you've ever seen.... ^_________^ Heee heee heee heee..... 8)

But anyways - :pulls clubanimon out of hole: Yay! 9th person! :slaps back:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by mikey »

Since there will be just about everything happening in March... I'll have to pass on NaNoRenO. So you can put me under the IntRenAiMo section officially.

I suppose I could make a minigame for NaNoRenO, but the problem is, I really want to finish that IntRenAiMo game. Last year, NaNoRenO came at a very convenient time when I finished Milkswim and had more or less free hands, but my schedule has been rearranged a bit by a few delays with my current project (which I can now say officially is as of yesterday 100% done and awaiting a few tweaks here and there, but the bottom line is, it's done), and since I never really start the real work on a project unless the previous is release-ready, I didn't have the time to concentrate on speeding up the next one to be free around March. End of excuse ^_^.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward! 8)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#42 Post by rioka »

Okeydokey, I'll mark you under IntRenAiMo then. Wow, you're churning out games left and right. ATPs practically gushing with games. I thought you said you take breaks. :?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:Okeydokey, I'll mark you under IntRenAiMo then. Wow, you're churning out games left and right. ATPs practically gushing with games. I thought you said you take breaks. :?
I know, this year it's looking to be five. But next year it's going to be less, I suspect.

And I do take breaks :( . In fact, for the last almost 2 months I didn't do anything, really. I just waited ^_^.

clubanimon
Regular

#44 Post by clubanimon »

did..you just slap me? ;___;

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by musical74 »

I think eclipse meant that in a *good job* kind of way, clubanimon :)

I may very well bomb on this but I'll sign up for NaNoReNo...if nothing else, it will be good practice for me :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.