Gearing Up For NaNoRenO 2006!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#46 Post by rioka »

musical74 wrote:I think eclipse meant that in a *good job* kind of way, clubanimon :)
Hai! Hai! Correct! If I did ever hit someone, it'd be with a huge mallet.... that squeaks. ;)

Yay musical! Anotherone in the NaNoRenO camp! :3

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#47 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:
musical74 wrote:I think eclipse meant that in a *good job* kind of way, clubanimon :)
Hai! Hai! Correct! If I did ever hit someone, it'd be with a huge mallet.... that squeaks. ;)
*remembers death grip*
Well, she can be cruel, nevertheless. It's all fun and smilies, but I almost died that one time... :? :P
eclipse wrote:Yay musical! Anotherone in the NaNoRenO camp! :3
Welcome! I have to say there are much more people willing to participate this time. It's great. I remember I was hesitant as well, but you won't regret it, trust me. 8) Let's suffer... :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#48 Post by rioka »

mikey wrote:*remembers death grip*
Well, she can be cruel, nevertheless. It's all fun and smilies, but I almost died that one time... :? :P
Pardon? It's not my fault you have a weak constitution. 'Sides, IIRC, you got to go to the nurse's office because of the whole event. <.< ^____^ Heeee... 0:D <--- halo on top
mikey wrote:I remember I was hesitant as well, but you won't regret it, trust me. 8) Let's suffer... :)
:? That doesn't sounds right... :? :wink:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#49 Post by mikey »

The idea was co-sufferring back in the old days (which was 6 months ago - old days), so that's why. Alright then, I'll be getting ready. Less talk, more creativity. 8)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Sign me up

#50 Post by gekiganwing »

I'll participate. Until then, I gotta think if I want to finish up some discarded idea, or whether it's time to unveil/work on one of my potential good ideas.

So says the Taiyaki Fan.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#51 Post by rioka »

:pirate vernacular and speech mode: Ar! Welcome aboard, gekiganwing! You'll make a fine addition ta da crew, 'ar! You be rounding us off to ten, now. Know of any other mates dat be willin' to sail the blue yonder dis March? :D

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#52 Post by Megaman Z »

I'll go ahead and place a little "invitation" (post about the NaNoRenO) at GaiaOnline... even though I haven't gotten the guild up yet (too much "Tenchi Muyo!", not enough posting and poll-answering @ GaiaOnline... and it takes 20K gold to create a guild, which is basically a forum when you really think about it... if there are any GaiaOnline members who want to donate [and can], the account name is Megaman_Z4. I'm already 1/2 way there)

Update: done. the thread is right here.
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#53 Post by rioka »

Nice job MMZ! =)

Anyways, here's the list of who's joining what for next year. If I made a mistake or you changed your mind, please correct me. Er-hm....

NaNoRenO:
Megaman Z
Rio
musical74

IntRenAiMo:
Alessio
BCS
mikey
bookie
ShiraiJunichi
F.I.A.
gekiganwing (didn't specify exactly so I put you here)
clubanimon (also didn't specify so, you're here too)

Total: 11 people

Looking really good, if I do say so myself. 8)

EDIT: moved gekiganwing and clubanimon to IntRenAiMo since I presume they'll be working on their current projects... :?
Last edited by rioka on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#54 Post by Megaman Z »

*sigh* seems a moderator just took a quick glance at the thread and thought "hey, this belongs in the chatterbox, not the gaming forum"... currently trying to find out who to PM to get it moved back to the gaming forum where it belongs.
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#55 Post by rioka »

That bites. Honestly... You'd think they'd be a bit more circumspect about the whole thing. <.<

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#56 Post by musical74 »

hmmmmmm....wondering if I should shift to IntRenAiMo since this is my first foray into programming and making a game. Still going to do it, just wondering which one of the two is better for a newbie programmer. Also, what happens if the game takes longer than the month to finish? (Can't you tell I'm a bit nervous about this?) Will eclipse hunt me down with a big rubber mallet that says "SQUEAK" when it hits someone?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#57 Post by rioka »

musical74 wrote:hmmmmmm....wondering if I should shift to IntRenAiMo since this is my first foray into programming and making a game. Still going to do it, just wondering which one of the two is better for a newbie programmer. Also, what happens if the game takes longer than the month to finish? (Can't you tell I'm a bit nervous about this?) Will eclipse hunt me down with a big rubber mallet that says "SQUEAK" when it hits someone?
Heeeeeyyyy! I'll have you know that I didn't hunt down Grey when he didn't finish Heikou on time. (Though if anyone wants me to hunt them down - I wouldn't mind. ;P )

Instead of shifting to IntRenAiMo, there is NaNoRenO+ which gives you two weeks of extra time to work on your game before NaNoRenO officially begins. That extra week, you can work on music, art, programming, or whatever part of your game you want without being penalized. Though you can only work on ONE area of the game not two or more of those areas combined.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#58 Post by mikey »

musical74 wrote:Also, what happens if the game takes longer than the month to finish? (Can't you tell I'm a bit nervous about this?)
Actually, I made 8 games and I'm as nervous as ever. I have currently no idea how much time I will have, it's ticking down on me as I type and I'm still in the phase-one mess. I think it's something like 4 months to go and nothing is clear for me yet.

But... the advantage is you can fail and no one will ever say a bad thing. I take it this is one of the points of -Mo, so there is that pressure, but there's also understanding. I'm certainly working on my project now, but I'm still more or less in the dark. :?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#59 Post by Blue Lemma »

eclipse wrote:(Though if anyone wants me to hunt them down - I wouldn't mind. ;P )
Maybe I should join in next year - then I can get eclipse to hunt me down! <3 :wink: :lol:

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#60 Post by PyTom »

Hm... 2006 _is_ next year. Quick, add Lemma to the list, before he can object.*

* I originally had eject for object... and I still think it was better.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom