PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
blackjack25

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

#1 Post by blackjack25 »

When you add an image how do you make it so the backround of the character dose not show up. (im talking about the blank white space behind them)

Example: In the sample game "the_question" when the picture of sylvie shows up it shows only her not the color of the backround behind her. I mean when I go to paint with the same image is show she has a black backround.

If anyone can understand my question could you plz help me.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

#2 Post by lordcloudx »

You need to make the image transparent using a photo editing program like Gimp or Photoshop. You'll have to do this manually if your image already has a white background and then save it in PNG format. Jpeg and BMP don't support transparencies

Like so: (transparent background)

As opposed to this (white background)
renpiethon2.png
You'll have to use another photo editor. If you're using MS Paint, I don't think it supports transparencies.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Ghurdrich
Projects: Five (WiP)

#3 Post by Ghurdrich »

Yeah, you'll just need to use another editor. Photoshop, or really anything better than MS Paint usually supports transparencies.

Quadratic
Regular
Projects: Dreamscape (VN)

#4 Post by Quadratic »

You can either save it as a PNG or a GIF, both seem to work. I prefer GIFs though, as they can do animations. =w=

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Wintermoon »

Gif animations are not supported in Ren'Py (or weren't the last time I checked), and png significant advantages over gif, the big ones being more colors and a full alpha channel (i.e. variable transparency).