I've got two (probably rather stupid) questions

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Joshiii-Kun!

I've got two (probably rather stupid) questions

#1 Post by Joshiii-Kun! »

Alrighty. Ehm, yeah, I've got some questions. So, can I just submit a ren'ai game I've made without being a member of the Lemma Soft crew?
Can you make your ren'ai games with any tool capable of doing such a thing, or do you only want games made by certain tools, like Flash and Ren'py?

Hmm.. I thought I had more questions. Ahh well. If the ones I've asked are really stupid question; Sorry for my stupidity :wink:

GorillaKick
Regular

#2 Post by GorillaKick »

First off, to answer your question: yes, you can submit games. However, you can't submit them to Lemmasoft. You have to submit them to http://www.renai.us.

Second, don't worry your little noob head. We were all noobs once. Hell, I'm still a bit of a noob myself. As long as you don't ask "hurr hurr! hay guyz, whats renai?!11!" every second post, we will treat your questions as legitimate questions.
If liars make promises, then I'm a master craftsman.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Re: I've got two (probably rather stupid) questions

#3 Post by rioka »

1. Yes. You could've come out of the blue and announce your game and we'd welcome you aboard. Untouched was one of the games that was announced from left field. And no, we are all not technically from the Lemmasoft crew. The only Lemmasoft crew here is Blue Lemma and Lillico (but she hasn't been here for awhile). We're all pretty much lone developers or from other dev teams like ATP who just happen to hang out here.

2. Yes, you can make your game with any tool available to you. Summer Schoolgirl was actually made with GameMaker, and some other games used different engines like Black Pencil which had a DVD-type engine, IIRC.

Joshiii-Kun!

#4 Post by Joshiii-Kun! »

Okay then :) Thanks for awnsering my questions :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

It's true, many ATP games were made with a CD menu creation tool, one was in Ren'Py and the last one has a dedicated engine. (Actually, if you want and can, Idol/TYPE can of course be freely added to the archives, snatch all the images and descriptions you need from the ATP site)

The only thing that's important for renai.us is that the game is completed, free and ren'ai. There's a FAQ with more details about it. :P