django.renai.us (now www.renai.us)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

django.renai.us (now www.renai.us)

#1 Post by PyTom »

I've posted up a beta of the next version of the Ren'Ai archives, at:

http://django.renai.us

This site has a number of new features, such as a page per game, the ability to group games by category, the ability to see the 5 newest games, and so on. It's now backed by a database, which will make adding new features easier, and it has an automatically generated CRUD-style management interface, which makes it easier for us to add new games.

As part of the upgrade, I updated some of the urls and the ratings to try to systemize them. If anyone things a game is misrated, let me know.

The rating system is as follows:

all - No sexual content and no nudity at all.
13+ - Weakly implied sexual content (people waking up together), panty shots, etc...
16+ - Nonexplicit nudity, offscreen sexual content.
18+ - Adult/Hentai. Anything goes.

I think I may especially have misrated some of mikey's earlier games.

There's also a new way of describing relationships, based on some articles I saw in Wikipedia. It's the WxY system, where W and Y may be either B (Boy), G (Girl), or BG. W is the gender of the POV character, and Y is the gender(s) of the pursuable characters.
Last edited by PyTom on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

kmsgameboy
Regular

#2 Post by kmsgameboy »

Sweet man...looking good! 8)
"In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. Don't forget that."
-Shadow FFVI
Please drop by my website! ^_^

Grey
Veteran

#3 Post by Grey »

Something that might be nice is the thumbnails linking to larger pictures, it might give people more to go on when looking for a game to download, or getting a feel for the game.

Anyway good work :)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Why not even a little gallery of 3 or more pictures ?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

So who's going to be the first one to make that 18+ ren'ai game? :wink: :wink: *nudge nudge*

Lemma: ~_~;

What...? 0: )

GorillaKick
Regular

#6 Post by GorillaKick »

Well, actually, I have one in the works (rough scenario, early script, concept drawings) but I'm waiting until I've actually done a ren'ai game to even think about taking on a project such as that.
If liars make promises, then I'm a master craftsman.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#7 Post by mikey »

I love the site. The only thing I would suggest is bigger images, about 200x150 (or so). Other than that, excellent. :P
Blue Lemma wrote:So who's going to be the first one to make that 18+ ren'ai game?
Hmmm... I can't see myself doing something like that. GR graphics (naked doll style) and indirectly describing sex is just about the maximum I'll do, as for what I need to say that is always sufficient. But I'll gladly play an 18+ game if it appears...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#8 Post by Blue Lemma »

Aww, you mean Let's Hentai Hentai got cancelled? :cry: But Lemma-chan was looking forward so much to playing it!

Lemma: WHAT?! :shock:

*evil laugh* >:]

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#9 Post by PyTom »

mikey wrote:I love the site. The only thing I would suggest is bigger images, about 200x150 (or so). Other than that, excellent. :P
I believe that the 128x96 size was chosen for compatibility with the ELBGE. (Read: We stole the original pictures from mikey's site.)

Bigger screenshots would be nice, but someone would need to step up and volunteer to take them. (As I'm way to lazy to do that sort of thing.)

I don't think Let's Hentai Hentai is something that can actually exist. Rather, I see it as more of an archetype of the lighthearted hentai game. (Of the sort in which a bevy of beauties* compete to see who will be able to fsck** you the most.)

* A "bevy" is a grouping of four or more beauties. In this context, it usually implies at the very least one who is your childhood friend, one who is older, one who is younger, and one who is a classmate of you and/or your childhood friend, and wears glasses.

** Checking the filesystem of your computer, obviously.

Quin
Regular

#10 Post by Quin »

I'll volunteer to take screenshots.

My only foreseeable limitation is that I only have a Windows machine (unless there are any Amiga-only ren'ai games ^_^), so if there are any games that are Mac-only, I couldn't do those.

Just give me the specifications (desired dimensions of the screenshots; what format they should be saved in and at what quality/filesize; what to name them), and I'll get to work.

This will give me a chance to get caught up on all the games I haven't seen, so there's a hidden benefit for me. ^_^
Last edited by Quin on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#11 Post by PyTom »

AFAIK, all of the games in the archive run on windows, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I figure we want representative-yet-beautiful shots of the games, similar to what we have in the archive now. I think the shots should be at the game's full resolution, and then I can scale them down programatically to whatever size they should be displayed at. PNG is probably the best file format, as it has no quality loss, and so we can recompress them if bandwidth is ever an issue.

Hm... I should mention you want to take screenshots of only the game, rather than the game + surrounding windows. Ren'Py has a semi-secret screenshot function accessed by pressing either 's' or shift-S, I forget which. That saves the shot as screenshot.bmp in the base directory.

Quin
Regular

#12 Post by Quin »

Roger. I'm on it, PyTom. I'll try to get this done ASAP.

(Also, see my subtle edit re: naming conventions.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#13 Post by PyTom »

Naming conventions... If you look at the django site, each game has a to-be-permalink page. For example, Moonlight Walks is at:

http://django.renai.us/game/mwalks.shtml

The bit between the last / and the .shtml is the tag. In this case, the tag is mwalks. If you could somehow work that into the filenames, that would be good.

(BTW, the site will be going up live at renai.us in a little bit, so the permalinks will read http://www.renai.us when it goes public.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#14 Post by mikey »

I noticed the ATP games (save for Idoltype) have those split downloads. If you can, it'd be nice to have the new one-file downloads available, as they will be more convenient and in the case of Black Pencil and River Trap they already contain the fullscreen executables.
PyTom wrote:I think I may especially have misrated some of mikey's earlier games.
Actually... not really. I can't see the games be more than 16+ to be honest, and if Tales of Lemma is 13+ then River Trap can be 13+ as well. :P

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by monele »

A "bevy" is a grouping of four or more beauties. In this context, it usually implies at the very least one who is your childhood friend, one who is older, one who is younger, and one who is a classmate of you and/or your childhood friend, and wears glasses.
Mmm... seems like I have such a thing on the grill ^^;