A request to the community.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
bookie
Veteran

A request to the community.

#1 Post by bookie »

I'm doing an article that's going to be including PyTom's Renpy, and I'm in need of screenshots. The more diverse the screenshots the better, so I was wondering if any game creators would be willing to let me use an image of theirs in the article.

I haven't played all the games all the way through, so are there any games with cutscenes that I might be able to use?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

Do you mean you need different screen shots? Do the games need to be made in Ren'Py? If it's diversity, maybe this >> http://www.renaigames.net/dev_mikey2.html can help, it's sort of about all the different possibilities of visual design.

Now, there's some more in the newer releases, like double-zoomed eCGs in Gakuen Redux, or headshots in MetroBlues, as well as cool textboxes in Abigail. The test version of Shifted featured an animation. Reconstruction 01 and Kykuit, as well as Moonlight Walks have the "camera" move over a picture for a moving effect. The demo of Town Heat has many animated elements such as the sea, boat etc. River Trap has at its beginning a sequence of titles that was originally designed not to require clicking, as a sort of intro. River Trap has one demonstrative "video" if you go to the extra section, but that video is not animated, it's real (Phantom-style). Anyway, all Allugic games have impressive visuals, CGs/angles and so on. For alternative gameplays, try the maze in Reconstruction, the complete Heikou and Tales of Lemma (mushroom fight), and Idol/TYPE maybe.

A bit chaotic, I know, I wrote whatever came to mind... ^_^
If you want to use images from ATP games, of course you're welcome.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Ahem! Abigail is not using Ren'Py. I can make my textbox look like whatever I want, it's just drawing a sprite. When I get the teaser ready for what I'm working on at the moment, you'll see see a very strange textbox... :)

bookie
Veteran

#4 Post by bookie »

Mikey, thanks for the link. It'll give me a good idea of where to go looking for stuff.

The article is about renpy, and not really renai, so stuff outside of what's made with renpy doesn't really apply.