Anime Character Maker?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Phosis
Regular
Projects: The Polaris Account, The Color Of Misery

Anime Character Maker?

#1 Post by Phosis »

I wanted to see if anyone had a good program for this.

I fount a Youtube video featuring an Asian language program, was wondering if there was an english one anywhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KH2hsC4 ... re=related

It would definitely be useful for freeware games/placeholder artwork.
If you made the effort to attempt to read this, you have far too much time on your hands. Good job, slacker.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Re: Anime Character Maker?

#2 Post by rioka »

There isn't an English version for that but I think someone around here made an English translation of what each area does and if you want to make sets for it as well, there are some instructions on that too. Someone else also made their own sets using that program too but I'm too lazy to look for it. Maybe if you do a search? :D

Other than that, PyTom made ALICE using Python if you want to use an English character maker.

Phosis
Regular

#3 Post by Phosis »

Cool, thanks for the info.

Is there anything PyTom CAN'T do? I like the models in the other program a little better. I have heard some people have problems exporting the sprites, but a screenshot should take care of that (cumbersome as it might be)
If you made the effort to attempt to read this, you have far too much time on your hands. Good job, slacker.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

Yeah, the resources for the other is better plus a lot more people are creating assets for it so you have that disparity in content and quality. Anyways, I decided to become "un-lazy" and check out my bookmarks. Here's all the threads I have saved about that Japanese character maker here at Lemmasoft:

Koizumi Free Sprites
Adsiltia Character Sprites
pkt thread on KHmix

And last but not least, the ultimate Resources page that everyone should look into and save.
Phosis wrote:Is there anything PyTom CAN'T do?
I hope so! Everyone needs a fatal flaw otherwise, PyTom's looking more like a very ingenious, altruistic robot... not that it's a bad thing. ; )

Phosis
Regular

#5 Post by Phosis »

Excellent!

All of your posts in my threads have been jam packed with awesome. Thank you very much.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#6 Post by Blane Doyle »

There IS a semi English version floating around, but all that is translated is the file names. It's just fine though, works just like the Japanese, and since the files are translated they show up as English when you scroll through them. The program itself is still in Japanese, but now you only have to know how to save the files since you can guess the categories and you know what you are about to click

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2jwtmwnml2

That has the Japanese, 2 English (which I have NO idea where I found them anymore), and MANY expansions I got off a link from KHMix. But it's over 150 MB, just letting you know.

Phosis
Regular

#7 Post by Phosis »

Awesome! Downloaded it.

Not sure if the expansions are even loaded yet. It is a bit difficult to navigate the program when you don't know what you're looking for. And all the characters appear to be ten years old, but if I can find some other sprites using the resources given in this thread, I should be on the right track.

Shame it is only for females, though.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Blane Doyle »

They're supposed to be like moe anime characters, kinda like... Ichigo Mashimaro or Lucky Star I guess. You CAN have males, there are male uniforms and a lot of the extensions can be for guys as well, you just need the right hair and eyes to make them look male. I've done it easy.

I think this is a version I uploaded without expansions installed yet, but they are in there.

Phosis
Regular

#9 Post by Phosis »

yeah, i have no idea how to install the expansions so far.

I used some other peoples character models here, but the expansions are giving me a tough time. Any ideas?

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Blane Doyle »

All you need to do is place the files in an expansion folder into the corresponding folder in the program to put in a extension. Sorry, I should have explained that.

For example: Open the program folder in one window. Go to Data, then default, and you will see numerous folders.

Then pick an extension, like... Bow Arrow. In it you will see multiple folders of the same name as in default. Simply move these files to the corresponding folders in default. If something is in an accessories_back folder in the extension it MUST go into the accessories_back folder in default. And all files in that folder must be transfered. However, if they are separate elements, like the bow and skirt, you can move them on their own.

If you want to rename them, remember to keep their names the same if the characters match.

And that's it. You just move them. Simple really.

Kianaco
Regular

#11 Post by Kianaco »

Can it be used to make characters for a game?

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by briannavon »

How do you use Alice?
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/